Rattle Near Radiator Fan?

cs2000tj

I have been having a strange rattle (sounds like the ball inside a spray paint can) occurring near my radiator fan for awhile now. It only occurs when in gear, not while idling, and is intermittent. Water pump is brand new OEM, 1 inch BL. Fan rotates freely while engine is off, does not appear to be contacting shroud and sound is more "metallic". The sound is more notable at lower speeds, pulling in and out of driveway and hitting small bumps. Any ideas of where to continue the search? There are a few other smaller rattles but this is the most significant/annoying TBH.

Reactions: LJ Jim
It sounds higher up and I can't get any noise from the sway bar, but I can try again.

Update on the rattle. I was able to narrow it down to the belt tensioner. Changed the tensioner, of course with a little difficulty from a piece breaking off in the bracket 🙄, the idler pulley (bearing was toast), and for good measure a new belt and the rattle is gone ! I tried to attach a video of the before in case anyone is experiencing the same rattle, unsure of how to do this successfully. Thank you all! The rattle was making me crazy !

• USA Proud
Reactions: CharlesHS