Rausch creek 8/29/20

gaabbee

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So I and two guys I work with decided to go out to Rausch creek for the weekend. It was the first time any of us has taken our jeeps anywhere but the beach. It was a blast. The JT and Cherokee are completely stock. We stayed on green trails and may have landed on one blue trail but now I'm itching to go back on blues or even a black?
YcaISWLZ5CBtTWJxmnuoeycSDQ=w393-h214-no?authuser=0.jpg

cPSXBKkr3XmKUXpB2exhDtDqmw=w480-h640-no?authuser=0.jpg

yikhL4WNW_7oCR2Kpugi8ci_A=w1292-h970-no?authuser=0.jpg

dttlZyaMMMZA3GY1sd7VHuVQA=w1292-h970-no?authuser=0.jpg

8qFxnCfT7-UG4OueqMxhs8Vhg=w1292-h970-no?authuser=0.jpg

Ay2gIJ-lvp4exNompqyYQyleg=w1292-h970-no?authuser=0.jpg

OozGbk68qv-PGj-WyvEijBGUgw=w727-h969-no?authuser=0.jpg

m3ml8vpLWTwbxJfJYWjfLW_wA=w1292-h970-no?authuser=0.jpg

So just adding some here. This was the furthest I've taken my jeep away from home since I got it 2 years ago. It was bone stock when I got it and have put all the modifications on myself. I know most don't care about gas mileage on jeep's but I do keep track on all my vehicles at each fill up as a habit.

I'm on 285/75/16's which seem to be about 7% bigger then stock. Usually around town and on short trips to the beach (15-20 mins) I get around 14 mpg. On this trip (about 200 miles each way) my first fill up got me 17.7 mpg averaging around 70 mph! I was shocked. I was not expecting better then 15 mpg. My friend in the JT got around 17.4. Given that we are both on 33's and his being 14 years newer I expected better from the JT.

Anyway enough nerding about gas mileage. If you are interested in going to Rausch definitely do it. Anyone familiar with the rti ramp? First time I've attempted it and it was pretty hard with the 6 speed. I was too nervous about flipping it. I did however expect to do better then my friends JT but it seems we got to the same spot. I have a Currie 4 inch lift with all the adjustable arms, rancho shocks and the sway bar disconnected. Do you think I could have gone farther?

I would like to get there sometime although with an X model, no lockers and minimal lift, not sure how much I can do...I need to buy @Chris silver Rubicon before he paints those matching half doors! :p
The Cherokee was bone stock with 29 inch tires. Yes it does have a locker in the rear but he needed it with the independent axles. If you stay on green trails, solid axles, and a small lift is doable. Actually looking at what you have would definitely be fine. Worst case there are many trees to winch off of.

Reactions: cliffish
I would like to get there sometime although with an X model, no lockers and minimal lift, not sure how much I can do...I need to buy @Chris silver Rubicon before he paints those matching half doors! :p

I've wheeled Rausch Blacks in a Sport on 31" tires. Your "X" model could easily do the abundance of Green trails, as well as many of the Blue ones. You just need to be willing to drag a little and make sure you have a good spotter. The only concern I'd have is just watching the rockers. Some of the Blue trails are a little inconsistent and could have decent size obstacles. As I said though, a good spotter is critical!