Ravine Wheels with 33"

Jescates

Supporting Member
I contemplating running my TJ with Ravine wheels, and I have a question. I have a 4" lift and was wondering if there are any problems running 33/12.5 tires or would it be better to run a 10.5 or 11.5 wide tire on Ravines?

Running 8" wide ravines is fine for 33x12.5 tires. Alot of people do it. You may need to adjust your steering stops to keep your tires form rubbing on your control arms.

Running 8" wide ravines is fine for 33x12.5 tires. Alot of people do it. You may need to adjust your steering stops to keep your tires form rubbing on your control arms.
Thanks! I plan on going to 10.5 or maybe 11.5, but if I can't find a good AT tire in those sizes, I will put a 12.5 tire on, they seem more common in 33" tire!

Thanks! I plan on going to 10.5 or maybe 11.5, but if I can't find a good AT tire in those sizes, I will put a 12.5 tire on, they seem more common in 33" tire!

Bf Goodrich KO2 all terrains come in 33x10.5. Dick Cepek's extreme terrain and general grabber X3 and the general grabber also come in the 33x10.5 size. All 4 tires have a good reputation.

Reactions: JP13 and Jescates
Th
Bfg also makes their mud terrain tire in a 33x10.5 tire as well.

Thanks! The TJ is my primary vehicle right now. 40 mile round trip a day, not sure I can handle an MT tire right now! once I get my pickup up and running, then the TJ will be my weekend toy, maybe then some MT's! Lol

Th

Thanks! The TJ is my primary vehicle right now. 40 mile round trip a day, not sure I can handle an MT tire right now! once I get my pickup up and running, then the TJ will be my weekend toy, maybe then some MT's! Lol

You are correct. This KM2 runs great off road but little ruff on road. they are quite hard to get static balanced correctly, nature of the beast...

I do have KO2 33x 10.5 on the Unlimited and runs good on road, no much noise. Never try 12.5 on the Ravines so I can't spoke there.

Reactions: Jescates
Spacers will be required. I don't think there was a problem in the front, other than hitting control arms at full turn, but in the rear, the sidewall will rub the spring perch. I put 1.5 inch spider trax spacers on and use these wheels. I like them alot.

Spacers will be required. I don't think there was a problem in the front, other than hitting control arms at full turn, but in the rear, the sidewall will rub the spring perch. I put 1.5 inch spider trax spacers on and use these wheels. I like them alot.

What width was your tires? I am probably going with 10.5 instead of a 12.5 inch tire?

IMG_5224.JPG
We have a 2 inch suspension and 1 inch body. We are running 33x10.50x15 BFG Ko2's on our factory ravines in our LJ. If you go 12.50 I believe you will need wheel spacers.

That's a nice looking rig! I think I will be going with Ko2's 33x10.5. Not to interested in spacers. Thanks for the replies guys!

I think you'll be happy with those tires. I had the older style 33 x 9.5 KO BFG all terrain tires on my old 67' Chevy pickup truck. They were a great on road tire and took me everywhere I wanted to go when I hunted/off-roaded in Michigan.

Your jeep looks identical to mine except mines all black. I have 33x12.5 on my jeep but your wheel needs to be 0offset I'm pretty sure for them to not rub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's another vote for the 33x10.5R15 BFG KO2s on Ravines . . .

View attachment 15628

You guys are killing me! Too bad the previous owner put the gawdy looking mall crawling 18" Helo rims on my Jeep! I found 1 rim, found 4 in Dallas for $200 and 4 in Little Rock Arkansas, for $150. Non in Oklahoma! The search continues!! I will find my Ravines!! Lol

You guys are killing me! Too bad the previous owner put the gawdy looking mall crawling 18" Helo rims on my Jeep! I found 1 rim, found 4 in Dallas for $200 and 4 in Little Rock Arkansas, for $150. Non in Oklahoma! The search continues!! I will find my Ravines!! Lol
Lol I'm in Dallas and originally from Texarkana, TX. Would go to Little Rock often. I find it pretty difficult to come by a decent set of 16 inch Rubicon Moab's for a decent price.

Lol I'm in Dallas and originally from Texarkana, TX. Would go to Little Rock often. I find it pretty difficult to come by a decent set of 16 inch Rubicon Moab's for a decent price.

Ain't that the truth! You can find nothing but new rims all day, but try and find original Rubi wheels or Ravines and it's next to impossible. Every once in awhile, I can find the Canyons advertised here in Oklahoma. I picked up 1 Ravine for 20 bucks a few days ago. There is a guy with a tire/rim that was a spare and he's asking 150.....way too much!

Reactions: Ahow74