SOLD RC lower control arms with Johnny joints

Status
Not open for further replies.

freedom_in_4low

I'm a rooster illusion
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Price
Pair of (shortarm) Rough Country lower control arms. I installed Johnny Joints the first time the original X-Flex joints needed adjustment. They are freshly disassembled, cleaned and lubricated using Redline CV2. Jam nuts are loosened and ready to set to your desired length.

PXL_20231219_221459478~2.jpg

The fixed end has Clevite style bonded rubber and are in good shape. It's a stock size bushing so if you destroy it it's easily replaced with an OE style bushing or something like a Synergy DDB (I just did it on my other pair because I wanted to). The housing is welded offset from the body to help with lower shock mount clearance.

PXL_20231219_192308188.jpg

Price plus shipping.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
bump to add, the JJ's retail for $132 on their own so this is a pretty good deal for pretty decent adjustable control arms. The only reason I'm selling is because the 2" tubes rubbed the front tires a little too much with my 35s on 4" of backspacing. I still have a pair on the rear that I will likely keep on there forever. If you run smaller than 35s these will work fine in front, and they work perfectly in the rear regardless.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
Would these fit my 05 TJR with only a 2.5" spring lift. I need to replace my front lowers.

yes, they should fit just fine as long as you don't go with 12.5" wide tires with any more than 3.75" backspacing.

I plan sticking with my Rubicon 16" wheels and I will be trying to stay around 10.5" wide tires.

I ran them with 11.5's with 5.25" backspacing and they made a little contact but weren't too annoying. It was when I went to 35's and 4" backspacing that they ate into my steering radius. i think you should be in good shape with a 10.5" tire and the 5" of backspacing on those Rubi wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.