RCV Axles for Yukon 30-Spline Hub Kit?

MikeE024

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Regear is scheduled for mid-March, so I need to make a decision.

Note: The stub shafts in Yukon's 30-spline hub kit only allow for the stock 5-760x u-joint so I can't use R&G's stronger American-made front axles or the large/stronger u-joint.

In theory, the RCV would eliminate the weak point, but I don't know if it's an actual problem since I've yet to run the setup.

I don't wish to spend $$$ fixing a problem that will never exist; however, I want to build it properly if there could legitimately be issues moving forward.

I appreciate your thoughts on this.

As others have said about RCV's axle shafts, they are a cure for a non-existent problem. I personally would not run them and instead would go with RGA's axle shafts.

You have committed to the hub kit so you are currently stuck with what you have. I am surprised at this point that Randys has not tried to step into the big joint game. And I would avoid RCV altogether especially if you deal with any wet conditions at all.

You have committed to the hub kit so you are currently stuck with what you have. I am surprised at this point that Randys has not tried to step into the big joint game. And I would avoid RCV altogether especially if you deal with any wet conditions at all.
I'd rather they didn't. They already tell customers that the small hub kit is good for 37's. I've got more than a few of the 17" brake kits set up on the small hub kit and have had this info related to me when I asked why they are doing it.

Also, anyone considering the RCV stubs for the big hub conversion needs to be very aware that it is the smaller bell used to fit through the hole in the old 44 knuckles. You can actually fit them through the hole in the TJ knuckle with the boot in place on the bell.

Reactions: Blackjack
As others have said about RCV's axle shafts, they are a cure for a non-existent problem. I personally would not run them and instead would go with RGA's axle shafts.
RGA only sells an import shaft for the 5-760-X u-joint. While not a bad product and I own several, it isn't much removed from any other import inner shaft that fits the same joint.

Regear is scheduled for mid-March, so I need to make a decision.

Note: The stub shafts in Yukon's 30-spline hub kit only allow for the stock 5-760x u-joint so I can't use R&G's stronger American-made front axles or the large/stronger u-joint.

In theory, the RCV would eliminate the weak point, but I don't know if it's an actual problem since I've yet to run the setup.

I don't wish to spend $$$ fixing a problem that will never exist; however, I want to build it properly if there could legitimately be issues moving forward.

I appreciate your thoughts on this.
Run it until you break something and then solve the problem.

Thanks for the input. Just wanted to ensure that was the case since the 5-760x u-joint will likely be the weak point in my build (hopefully it won't be a problem).
Run it until you break something and then solve the problem.
This is what I'll do. TY

Thanks for the help, guys! :)🤝