Re-gear and Dana 44 swap completed

Daveh370

I picked up my Jeep this morning after having a Dana 44 rear axel swapped in and both differentials re-geared to 4.56. All I can say is "wow!" A complete night and day difference from running the 33's on the stock 3.07's. Not only can I use 5th gear again, my Jeep will accelerate while in 5th gear. This upgrade was well worth the money spent. Thanks to all on this forum for the helpful advice and information.

I’m totally psyched for my axle swap/regear in 2 weeks. I’ll be going 4.10 gear ratio to go with my 31s. @tworley now wait until I decide to run 33s😖

Reactions: Daveh370
I picked up my Jeep this morning after having a Dana 44 rear axel swapped in and both differentials re-geared to 4.56. All I can say is "wow!" A complete night and day difference from running the 33's on the stock 3.07's. Not only can I use 5th gear again, my Jeep will accelerate while in 5th gear. This upgrade was well worth the money spent. Thanks to all on this forum for the helpful advice and information.
What brand gears did they install? Do you have a break in period?

What brand gears did they install? Do you have a break in period?
The shop installed G2 gears and told me that they conducted 3 break-in or heat cycles. The shop was about 40 miles from my house, so I checked before leaving to make sure I wouldn't need to stop and let things cool down, and was told that the trip would be fine to do in one shot, but to let it cool down once I got home. Then it would be good to go.

Reactions: jazngab
The shop installed G2 gears and told me that they conducted 3 break-in or heat cycles. The shop was about 40 miles from my house, so I checked before leaving to make sure I wouldn't need to stop and let things cool down, and was told that the trip would be fine to do in one shot, but to let it cool down once I got home. Then it would be good to go.
Awesome. I’ll be having G2 installed as well. I was worried there was going to be something like a 500 mike break in period before I could wheel it lol

Reactions: Daveh370
Awesome. I’ll be having G2 installed as well. I was worried there was going to be something like a 500 mike break in period before I could wheel it lol

There is a break in period. Check with your shop to see if they do that for you (not usually part of the install in my experience).

I had G2 gears installed after the first "shop" botched my initial gear job. Not by choice since I wanted to go with Revolution, but it's what they provided with warranty etc. They're super smooth and super quiet. You'll love the difference.