Georgia Re-gear in north Georgia / Chattanooga, TN

DougyintheBushies

TJ Enthusiast
I just got a quote from a reputable shop here in Chattanooga (Hudlow Axle) for 2k for a re-gear with an overhaul. I know prices have went up lately and don't mind paying the pros to do this type of work. Anyone recommend a shop in this area? Or anyone that does this on the side near me?
I am a little embarrassed to admit this is my first time having a Jeep geared. Anything I need to know before going into this?
Thanks

Personally I’d do it vs. deal with anyone questionable. You will love it.

I’ve had a regear go bad twice and it’s just worth it to pay a pro if you aren’t 100% sure is all I’m getting at.

Reactions: DougyintheBushies
I just got a quote from a reputable shop here in Chattanooga (Hudlow Axle) for 2k for a re-gear with an overhaul. I know prices have went up lately and don't mind paying the pros to do this type of work. Anyone recommend a shop in this area? Or anyone that does this on the side near me?
I am a little embarrassed to admit this is my first time having a Jeep geared. Anything I need to know before going into this?
Thanks

I’ve heard good things about these guys but not used them myself.
https://southernoffroad.net/

Personally I’d do it vs. deal with anyone questionable. You will love it.

I’ve had a regear go bad twice and it’s just worth it to pay a pro if you aren’t 100% sure is all I’m getting at.

And if you source all the parts from them they can't blame you.warranty is 100% on them.

I'd advise an axle shop with high volume. Not a flat bill ball cap "4x4" shop with a guy who can gear.Good axle shops don't give excuses,and will gladly work with used gears and parts on everything from semi trucks to golf carts

And if you source all the parts from them they can't blame you.warranty is 100% on them.

I'd advise an axle shop with high volume. Not a flat bill ball cap "4x4" shop with a guy who can gear.Good axle shops don't give excuses,and will gladly work with used gears and parts on everything from semi trucks to golf carts

You know that strikes a chord because I always think of an axle shop as a real specialty in the automotive world- It’s not to say that other shops can’t do it but I think it’s the kind of thing there are a lot of nuances and you want a guy that’s been into more rear ends than Elton John.

And I agree 1000% on the customer not providing parts. Smart shops know that the work they produce creates the body of warranty work they are responsible for and will do everything they can to minimize the liability. I work as a contractor with physical products and I know when you can save a nickel and I know when you better not- You better add a little bit where you need to if you’re smart and want to be around for the long run.

Reactions: Rickyd