Re-geared, now I have a vibration above 50 mph

Probably not relevant but what mounts do those of you having this issue use for the transmission / transfer case? OEM rubber type or poly?
I'm fishing for something that is consistent since the transmission and transfer case aren't.

Probably not relevant but what mounts do those of you having this issue use for the transmission / transfer case? OEM rubber type or poly?
I'm fishing for something that is consistent since the transmission and transfer case aren't.

Prior to re-gear I had UCF's Lowpro mount on the TC. Post re-gear, I replaced it with my OEM TC mount, which btw, made the vibes less severe. Later on, I replaced the OEM mount with a new Omix Ada factory style mount, rubber.

Did you say that you swapped the bearings out on the T-case as well?

New bearings, seals, and a new chain, as well as a Advanced Adapters SYE, all done by a transmission shop I trust.
20170612_094721.jpg

To me? I have not, but I want to.

Does anyone have any info on the parts number?

I think you are referring to the higher rpm bearings on the output front and rear shafts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me? I have not, but I want to.

Does anyone have any info on the parts number?

I think you are referring to the higher rpm bearings on the output front and rear shafts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should have directed that question better. My bad. I was asking @bobthetj03 since he has done everything imaginable to figure this out.

I am unaware of the part numbers for a rebuild kit on the 241.

Haha! According to Dave, he is almost finished building the components for my Jeep (control arms, mounting brackets, trusses, etc.). Once the red one he is working on is done, mine is next in line. It will be a month that my Jeep has been sitting there as of this coming Monday. Trust me... I'm just as impatient as you are :risas3:
@Chris, in light of the recent turn of events, did it turn out that those components really weren't 'almost finished'?

You can drive my Jeep Saturday to get a feel for the harmonics.
That would be interesting. We both have 5 speeds, 4.0, and 231s. I'm at 4.88 gearing with a front 44 but other then that we are fairly similarly outfitted. Hopefully you don't notice a vib in mine I'm not feeling / hearing.

Reactions: tomtaylz
That would be interesting. We both have 5 speeds, 4.0, and 231s. I'm at 4.88 gearing with a front 44 but other then that we are fairly similarly outfitted. Hopefully you don't notice a vib in mine I'm not feeling / hearing.

If I do feel vibes in your rig, I'll roll with the "ignorance if bliss" rules.

I've been making some minor changes this past week with the rear pinion. Thinking back on a conversation I had with Blaine, he mentioned that sometimes even very small changes in the pinion angle was enough to reduce the vibes, as in as small as 0.5* increments. I've also been running fuel tank full, fuel tank empty combinations to note any changes. More to come on this.

@Chris, in light of the recent turn of events, did it turn out that those components really weren't 'almost finished'?

Yes... It turns out that after a month of my Jeep sitting there, basically none of it got done. Which is funny, because I talked to Chris (the guy who owns the place) and he said that he could literally finish the parts needed to do the mid-arm in a day or two at most, but that Dave refuses to let anyone build the suspension parts except himself.

For those that have re-geared and don't have vibes, Where did you adjust your pinion angles? Both front and rear. For those with a double cardan rear shaft, did you adjust the pinion parallel with the drive shaft tube? Same for the front?
Where did you take your angle measurements from?

Reactions: JMT