Re-geared, now I have a vibration above 50 mph

Revisited the front drive shaft yesterday and removed it. Drive home was vibe free. I still detect a faint rumble not felt in the wheel/seat/floor like I did pre-ds removal, but I think I'll attribute this to the TT and the drive train being closer to the tub. I'm going to drive it for a few days to be sure then move forward.

I know some spots in MNF if you want to dump your vibrajeep

I'm going to replace the front input yoke on the TC and play around with the front pinion angles some more in a last ditch effort. Its been nice driving without vibes these past couple days, but a 2wd jeep is not in the cards as a cure.

You should face few obstacles with either of the Yukon kits. You can keep your existing lug pattern with the Yukon YA-WU-07 kit.

If you go to manual hubs, be sure to speak with @mrblaine before he ships the BBK because he will want you to ship him certain parts of your hub kit first so he can dry fit everything and be sure it works together as it should.

If you want to speak with someone who has the YA-WU-07, seek out Peety Woll in or near Kelseyville. She can tell you the good and bad. [Peety is North District VP for Cal4Wheel and I believe a member of Mendocino 4x4's.]

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT and lowranger
You should face few obstacles with either of the Yukon kits. You can keep your existing lug pattern with the Yukon YA-WU-07 kit.

From what I read in your thread the small Yukon kit increases the axle width by 3/4" per side?

You know I’m your biggest in getting you vibe free!

I did roll my eyes a bit when I read your post about the 3/4” though!

To get close to even-ing everything out you could run a 33x10.5 up front and a 33x12.5 in rear. 😉

You know I’m your biggest in getting you vibe free!

I did roll my eyes a bit when I read your post about the 3/4” though!

To get close to even-ing everything out you could run a 33x10.5 up front and a 33x12.5 in rear. 😉

You crack me up brah! So much for tire rotation, lol!

Compromise. I feel like I'm married to this hunk-o-junk!

For Sale:
2003 Wrangler Sport
A whole bunch of cool shit on it
33's re-geared, SYE, DCDS
3" lift with 1/2" butt crack
Extra special back massaging feature above 65(priceless)!

I'm re-reading your thread now. Want to know what obstacles I face with my Vanco 15" BBK. I want to stick with my lug pattern and keep my wheels. No plans to go any bigger than 33x1050x15 tires.
The rotors will have to be opened up to accept the bearing hub. It mounts to the outside face of the rotor with press in studs. Once that is done and bolted up, we need to center the caliper saddle on the rotor. It typically takes about .150 thick washers to make up the difference. I have nice ones or you can measure locally sourced and get them all the same thickness.

Your wheels need a large enough bore in them to fit over the locking hub. And as mentioned, your current back spacing may or may not work. I'd like to see around 4" with the use of the hub kit. 4.5" would be better.

The rotors will have to be opened up to accept the bearing hub. It mounts to the outside face of the rotor with press in studs. Once that is done and bolted up, we need to center the caliper saddle on the rotor. It typically takes about .150 thick washers to make up the difference. I have nice ones or you can measure locally sourced and get them all the same thickness.

Your wheels need a large enough bore in them to fit over the locking hub. And as mentioned, your current back spacing may or may not work. I'd like to see around 4" with the use of the hub kit. 4.5" would be better.

Well, that sounds like a whole lot of fun. Thanks for the heads up on this.