Pennsylvania Re-Gearing Shops around Pennsylvania

MaximusLJR06

Jeep Green LJR Addiction
Supporting Member
Just looking for options out there to re-gear in the south central PA area. I am willing to travel a couple hours for a shop that does good work. There is one local shop to me that does a fair amount of gear setups on jeeps, but I personally don't like taking my jeep to them. Just wanting to see what's out there currently.
Thanks Guys

Hoaks 4WD in wrightsville. They're good people and have a lot of experience. I was quoted around $2500-$3000 for gears. I'm not sure if that was including a locker or not.

I'm currently in the same situation. I called Hoaks and Mt Zion Offroad and was quoted $2500 for both. Hoaks told me they use Spicer/Dana/"OEM" parts, which I guess is how they justify the price. Mt Zion sent me a PDF estimate with price breakdowns and everything - they use Revolution parts. This is regearing only, no locker, nothing else fancy - just labor, fluids, and bearings/seals.

I'll list all the shops I've called and the prices I was told;

Keystone4x4
$1350 - gearing, fluids, install
$200 - bearings

Busted Knuckle Garage
$2500 (carrier, r&p, bearings and seals, and fluid)

Mt Zion Offroad
$2527
Revolution Gears/two carriers/axle bearing and seal kit
speedo gear

Leahys (new cumberland) - Steve
$540 + tax per axle, plus parts

LockedN'Loaded - Joe
$2000 - G2 (plus 150 for new carriers) - possible 2 week lead time for parts
10 year warranty
500 mile check up included
$1000 down and $1000 at pickup
G2 parts

Leedy's Automotive - estimated about $2000

Keystone4x4 was the best price but they're in Hamburg, so it's a tiny bit of a drive. Busted Knuckle is out towards Philly and LockedN'Loaded, is in Collegeville, so they may or may not be a drive as well depending on where you are. Steve at Leahys was really cool, he's worked basically all model Jeeps over the years, and he worked for Chrysler for 10 years - we actually talked for about 15 minutes about different options, lockers, etc.

I was starting to lean towards LockedN' Loaded because of how confident Joe sounded on the phone, and I appreciate the 500 mile check up, and 10 year warranty, and it isn't quite as far as Keystone in Hamburg (although I want to call them back to see if they also offer a warranty).

There are more shops I still want to call - Fink's Garage (I'm not even sure if they do regearing or not, but I heard they might), and it looks like there are a few offroad shops in Lancaster.

I have carriers added to my quotes because I have 3.07 gears, so I need the bigger carrier for numerically bigger gears. If you have 3.73 gearing already, you won't need the bigger carriers.

Keystone4x4 and LockednLoaded seem to have positive reviews on other Jeep message boards/facebook. Of course I don't have any experience with any yet, so I'm also going off word of mouth and Google reviews lol. But hopefully this helps!

Reactions: MeanGreen86
I'm currently in the same situation. I called Hoaks and Mt Zion Offroad and was quoted $2500 for both. Hoaks told me they use Spicer/Dana/"OEM" parts, which I guess is how they justify the price. Mt Zion sent me a PDF estimate with price breakdowns and everything - they use Revolution parts. This is regearing only, no locker, nothing else fancy - just labor, fluids, and bearings/seals.

I'll list all the shops I've called and the prices I was told;

Keystone4x4
$1350 - gearing, fluids, install
$200 - bearings

Busted Knuckle Garage
$2500 (carrier, r&p, bearings and seals, and fluid)

Mt Zion Offroad
$2527
Revolution Gears/two carriers/axle bearing and seal kit
speedo gear

Leahys (new cumberland) - Steve
$540 + tax per axle, plus parts

LockedN'Loaded - Joe
$2000 - G2 (plus 150 for new carriers) - possible 2 week lead time for parts
10 year warranty
500 mile check up included
$1000 down and $1000 at pickup
G2 parts

Leedy's Automotive - estimated about $2000

Keystone4x4 was the best price but they're in Hamburg, so it's a tiny bit of a drive. Busted Knuckle is out towards Philly and LockedN'Loaded, is in Collegeville, so they may or may not be a drive as well depending on where you are. Steve at Leahys was really cool, he's worked basically all model Jeeps over the years, and he worked for Chrysler for 10 years - we actually talked for about 15 minutes about different options, lockers, etc.

I was starting to lean towards LockedN' Loaded because of how confident Joe sounded on the phone, and I appreciate the 500 mile check up, and 10 year warranty, and it isn't quite as far as Keystone in Hamburg (although I want to call them back to see if they also offer a warranty).

There are more shops I still want to call - Fink's Garage (I'm not even sure if they do regearing or not, but I heard they might), and it looks like there are a few offroad shops in Lancaster.

I have carriers added to my quotes because I have 3.07 gears, so I need the bigger carrier for numerically bigger gears. If you have 3.73 gearing already, you won't need the bigger carriers.

Keystone4x4 and LockednLoaded seem to have positive reviews on other Jeep message boards/facebook. Of course I don't have any experience with any yet, so I'm also going off word of mouth and Google reviews lol. But hopefully this helps!
This does help! I wouldn't need new carriers, just gears and bearings since I have a rubicon, I already have lockers. Let me know if you find others. Mt Zion and Hoaks are local to me but i dont care for Mt Zion too much. I do however want Revolution gears. Locked N' Loaded warranty could be too hard to pass up though!

My buddy just set an appointment with Keystone 4x4 for new gearing and truss' front/rear and was quoted $2500 by Keystone 4x4! I will be hitting them up when it comes time to regear.