Virginia Re-gearing shops in VA / RVA area?

JayW584

I've been starting to shop around for shops to regear my 2001 TJ up to 4.10 gears with LSD. I've been quoted $3000 for parts and labor at two different 4x4 shops. This seems rather high from what i have read from others. I understand this can be market dependent, but does anyone have a shop around VA/RVA area they'd recommend? thanks.

3K is robbery, the parts for both axles is around $600, maybe $700 depending on the brand you buy and that's the ring gear, pinion gear and the master install kit including bearings, seals and shims. and You should also rethink the 4:10's that's a lot of money for that small of a change. What engine and tranny are you running?

3K is robbery, the parts for both axles is around $600, maybe $700 depending on the brand you buy and that's the ring gear, pinion gear and the master install kit including bearings, seals and shims. and You should also rethink the 4:10's that's a lot of money for that small of a change. What engine and tranny are you running?
I was shocked when i got the quotes. First placed quoted me $2800 and second quoted $3000. I have 4.0L engine, auto running 3.07 on 33's right now. Every place I've talked to has suggested 4.10 regearing.

I'm assuming you have a Dana 35. If so just grab a set from a junkyard or Craigslist with factory 4:10's or even 4.56's.

I paid $1800 parts and labor for regear to 4.88 a few months back. That was the higher of the price quotes I got, but was the most reputable shop and could get to it fast. Expect you could find someone in the $1400 - $2000 range at least.

Keep looking, sorry I don't have local knowledge to give.

I paid $1800 parts and labor for regear to 4.88 a few months back. That was the higher of the price quotes I got, but was the most reputable shop and could get to it fast. Expect you could find someone in the $1400 - $2000 range at least.

Keep looking, sorry I don't have local knowledge to give.
I can totally swing $1800-2000 for a regear, but what I've been quoted is just crazy. I'm going to keep shopping around. I appreciate the input.

Reactions: AMS417