Reach out and touch

Although the only spec I gave for my scope was the magnification its not all that could be improved greatly in the scope I have for that rifle. Like I said, its from the Leupold AR line. Pretty cheap. Still boring hiting 2 1/2 inch steel at 220 yds.
I did similar in miniature with a Daystate Wolverine HP .30 air gun. I can only get a 50 yard distance here at the house. When I got to where I could hit 20 9/16" marbles in a row, I switched to 1/2" and when they got boring, I went down to 7/16" marbles. 7/16" is the limit of the gun and expect high levels of consistency. Not quite the same, but best I can do here at the house.

5 shot 100 yd. group 6mm BR.

DSCN1043.JPG

I did similar in miniature with a Daystate Wolverine HP .30 air gun. I can only get a 50 yard distance here at the house. When I got to where I could hit 20 9/16" marbles in a row, I switched to 1/2" and when they got boring, I went down to 7/16" marbles. 7/16" is the limit of the gun and expect high levels of consistency. Not quite the same, but best I can do here at the house.

If you are shooting off hand that is damned good.

No one on the face of this planet is that good. I realize the numbers all seem rather puny compared to actual cartridge weapons, but in perspective, you can't even see a 7/16" marble at 50 yards with the naked eye.

Or, to put it in a more familiar perspective:

Consistent offhand hits on a 7/16" target at 50 yards from a standing, offhand position with any rifle is easily Olympic-class shooting. If I recall correctly, the ten-ring on that target is just over 10mm in diameter, and they're shooting a balanced rifle with an aperture/diopter sight that's precisely zeroed at 50m and fitted to the shooter.