Reacquired another Jeep

TJDon

TJ Enthusiast
I bought this 1999 Grand Cherokee almost 6 years ago for my wife. It was cherry, leather power everything and decent miles on it

Mother in-law called and said “wow, that would be nice to have up here in Oregon when it snows” [emoji15]
So off it went after having it for maybe a month
Now she’s in assisted living and needed a minivan to fit her walker in. “You can have the Jeep back if you want”
So off we went and towed it back home. I don’t think this poor girl had seen a vacuum the entire time she had it.
Check engine light on ( o2 sensor) bad battery, leaking radiator, trans cooler lines leaking, valve covers leaking, exterior mirrors hazed and will most likely get every maintenance needed or not.
After spending 4 evenings after work and most of today I finally got it looking decent again. Pulled the seats out and gave the inside a deep cleaning. Washed waxed. Now time to spend money [emoji20]

Then find a lift kit, wheels and tires and make it a camping rig [emoji16]
fc54cd594725f8e3dd423ac5c17eb3dc.jpg
Leaving Oregon
ce7b8948959cfc334ae3bc369fa60a72.jpg
I need a bigger garage!!
46820975d17bd5b2fdc71b8ee1e586ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: derekmac and Chris
Nice! It won’t be lacking for power in that case!

I’m just glad while she had it, the engine never got overheated! The 4.7’s are notorious for dropping valve seats and destroying the engine when it gets too hot And they are not cheap to replace.
Me being a FCA tech for 20 years I’ve seen plenty fail

Reactions: Chris
I’m just glad while she had it, the engine never got overheated! The 4.7’s are notorious for dropping valve seats and destroying the engine when it gets too hot And they are not cheap to replace.
Me being a FCA tech for 20 years I’ve seen plenty fail

I didn’t know that! I assume they are much better on the highway than our 4.0s?

I didn’t know that! I assume they are much better on the highway than our 4.0s?

They are great engines. Good power and pretty reliable. Just never ever overheat one!! The metallurgy of the valve seats and the cylinder head do not expand at the same rate and the valve seats fall out. Normal operation is fine and no issues other than typical stuff just like any other make out there. But you get that little more heat put into the aluminum head, and BAM! Dunzo

Reactions: lindsey97 and Chris
My wife can tell you the shoes she had on on our second date....but can’t tell you how long the oil light has been flashing in her car.

[emoji23] [emoji23][emoji23]. No shit right!

I’m a remodeler....we do a lot of baths.

We are doing our master bath . We are about to kill each other.

Every time she changes something I buy a hardtop or something.

Reactions: TJDon
I've owned 2 grand cherokee's, and drove my mom's '67 GC. So I have a lot of fond memories. I think the '99 is the best looking, and yours is a great example. Install a 2-3" lift, nice wheels and tires, and my wife would consider it a "bad ass" vehicle :)

I’m a remodeler....we do a lot of baths.

We are doing our master bath . We are about to kill each other.

Every time she changes something I buy a hardtop or something.
I remodeled one of my bathrooms with my wife too... You, sir, are about to strike the mother load of Jeep modifications, if you get something each time she changes her mind... Maybe that's why @Chris has gone off the deep end with his build?

Parts of me really miss my 02. So comfortable (mmm, heated leather), and it worked great off-road with the 4" lift and 32's.