Missouri NSA ready brakeTow system (great for flat tow Jeeps) - $300

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a nib ready brake rv tow system,bought on Amazon,too late to return.not going to flat tow the Jeep,this is a simple but efficient brake system 400.00 shipped View attachment 279565
I keep coming back to look at this. Is this like a substitute for the brake controller’s like the Tekonsha Prodigy? What I want to do is use my Jeep to pull our teardrop RV. The teardrop is 1875lb dry weight, so it will topple 2000lb loaded and I want to be safe

I keep coming back to look at this. Is this like a substitute for the brake controller’s like the Tekonsha Prodigy? What I want to do is use my Jeep to pull our teardrop RV. The teardrop is 1875lb dry weight, so it will topple 2000lb loaded and I want to be safe
This is a surge brake system for a towed vehicle,it has a cable that goes to the Jeep’s brake and when the rv stops the Jeep stops,I think you need to have trailer brakes installed on the teardrop

Reactions: JMT
This is a surge brake system for a towed vehicle,it has a cable that goes to the Jeep’s brake and when the rv stops the Jeep stops,I think you need to have trailer brakes installed on the teardrop
Thanks for the clarification. The teardrop has trailer brakes, but I don’t have a brake controller installed in the Jeep. The install of a controller is a PITA for me, so I haven’t done it, yet. I was hoping this might mitigate the need. Thank you

Thanks for the clarification. The teardrop has trailer brakes, but I don’t have a brake controller installed in the Jeep. The install of a controller is a PITA for me, so I haven’t done it, yet. I was hoping this might mitigate the need. Thank you
You could switch out the brakes on the trailer to hydraulic vs electric (easy backing plate change) and buy a surge brake tongue coupler...That's how most boat trailers do it. But it will be easier, cheaper, and better to just install the brake controller on the TJ.

Reactions: JMT
You could switch out the brakes on the trailer to hydraulic vs electric (easy backing plate change) and buy a surge brake tongue coupler...That's how most boat trailers do it. But it will be easier, cheaper, and better to just install the brake controller on the TJ.
Is there any mechanical arena you don’t know stuff about? I think this will be a winter project.

Status
Not open for further replies.