Ready to buy... thoughts?

You all always buy 5 tires?

a tire will last around 10-15 years or sometimes even longer.If kept out of the sun( i don't care what the manufacture says i am talking reality)

if you intend to use it ONLY as a spare. then by the cheepest tire in the same size.

(same brand and size spare) you can keep the spare till you lose a tire. road hazard... blow out.... ECT. then when you put one new tire on swap one of the wosrt treads for your spare. then you have 2 tires for the cost of one.

OR. rotate the spare into the rotation and then you have to alwas buy 5 tires and if you need to replace a blown tire you need to buy two.

I am a big fan of mating tread depth.

also many many people will argue with me on this. Never buy the tire warranty. If tire company were not making big money selling it they would not offer it. for example discount wanted $20 per tire for the warranty. when you use it they change you another $20 for the new tire plus mount and balance. And if you are like me i cant stand to have one mismatch tire as far a tread depth. so i end up buying 2 tires.

*************DISCLAMER************************
These are my thoughts. Your thoughts may differ. Take everything with a grain of salt and do your own research. Facts are hard to come by but they are out there if you look.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Yea, I will say that if I lose a tire, I would just buy a new one as a spare, and then go to a 4 tire rotation for the rest of the life of the tires. Also, it seems every time I get a set of tires, the next set is something different or bigger. So figure get as much life out of the 5 the first time around.

My OCD would kick in if my spare didnt match either ;) .

Yes, got it a few weeks ago. Installed two rear control arms, changed the oil and new plugs, air
filter as well... purrs now...... Transfer case and both diffs get freshened up this weekend. Ordered new speedo gear to correct the MPH. New Ko2s coming soon....Enough about me, thanks for comments and help! You all always buy 5 tires? Hate to mix one of these in as a spare.
I'm running KO2's, really like them.