Really small subwoofer

Steve Rodgers

TJ Enthusiast
75516EEB-A7FE-4ADB-8840-4C2E08ACC216.jpeg
27C68FE2-545E-4204-AD78-E6F278C4D42D.jpeg
I’m working on a very small subwoofer, it will be under the driver seat of my 97 TJ which has been raised. I’m still waiting for a grille. I now have to get the amp installed and wired. The amp will be under the passenger seat (I think).
The box was a bit of a fit, I made it a little large and had to trim it.
It will be interesting to hear how it comes out.

Reactions: Chris and jjvw
View attachment 57175 View attachment 57176 I’m working on a very small subwoofer, it will be under the driver seat of my 97 TJ which has been raised. I’m still waiting for a grille. I now have to get the amp installed and wired. The amp will be under the passenger seat (I think).

To be honest I saw the notification and was expecting some puppies in some jeeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a fun project. You went the extra mile and ported it I see.

View attachment 57175 View attachment 57176 I’m working on a very small subwoofer, it will be under the driver seat of my 97 TJ which has been raised. I’m still waiting for a grille. I now have to get the amp installed and wired. The amp will be under the passenger seat (I think).

Looks great! What are the dimensions of the box that it takes to fit under the seat? What woofer and amp are using, just curious?

Reactions: raycer12
So I finally got it hooked up and running. I had to lift the drivers seat some more, there’s not much room there. I ran all the wires and placed the amp just behind it under the back seat. Not many options for adding this.
The results? It really adds much more than I expected, after all, the speaker is only 6.5” in a box a bit under .5 cubic feet (per mfg recommendation tuned to about 40hz.)
Lots of punch, nice seat massage.
The amp is a Lanzar and the speaker is Tang Band, both from Parts Express. The amp is switched via the Pioneer head unit. My other 4 speakers are Polk. All in all, the SE now has decent tunes, hard to do with so little space.
I’m trying to figure out different routing to keep wire out of the way. No one really uses the back seat so maybe it isn’t a problem.

99F1BBE7-63EA-456E-9183-54A6E5A30CAA.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
So I finally got it hooked up and running. I had to lift the drivers seat some more, there’s not much room there. I ran all the wires and placed the amp just behind it under the back seat. Not many options for adding this.
The results? It really adds much more than I expected, after all, the speaker is only 6.5” in a box a bit under .5 cubic feet (per mfg recommendation tuned to about 40hz.)
Lots of punch, nice seat massage.
The amp is a Lanzar and the speaker is Tang Band, both from Parts Express. The amp is switched via the Pioneer head unit. My other 4 speakers are Polk. All in all, the SE now has decent tunes, hard to do with so little space.
I’m trying to figure out different routing to keep wire out of the way. No one really uses the back seat so maybe it isn’t a problem.
The back seat works. I put my amps under it. Ran wiring through center between the seats and under the carpet. Be carefull on the power to the bass. Small Bass speakers will blow out easily. (past experience).

Correct on power, I put a sub in my daughters college vehicle and she came to me saying it didn’t sound right. It had suffered an over excursion and was disconnected from the surround! I asked her what she was doing when it blew. They were at Lacrosse practice and had the doors open to provide tunes to the players during practice on the field. Needless to say, an upgrade was in order.
More cone, more power!

Correct on power, I put a sub in my daughters college vehicle and she came to me saying it didn’t sound right. It had suffered an over excursion and was disconnected from the surround! I asked her what she was doing when it blew. They were at Lacrosse practice and had the doors open to provide tunes to the players during practice on the field. Needless to say, an upgrade was in order.
More cone, more power!
It's good to see being young hasn't changed! lol

Reactions: Chris