Really weird issue with 2.5L

cparker249

So every time I start my Jeep no matter if it’s just run for 2 hours or 10 minutes, fully warm or cold no matter what exactly 2 min after starting it will just stop putting power to the engine. It’s kinda hard to describe but immediately at around 2 min of running it will just have no power unless I put the throttle all the way to the floor in which case it will have full power. After about 10 sec of this it will go back to normal. I’ve tried just about everything short of replacing the ecu. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I forgot your add, if it’s idling while this happens it’ll idle SUPER rough and almost sound like it’s gonna stall and then after 30 sec go back to normal.

Sounds like it's most likely an electrical sensor.

Is it throwing a check engine light? If so, what codes is it throwing?

You may want to try cleaning your IAC and throttle body.

Reactions: TJ4Jim
Hmmm, check for vacuum leaks possibly? Keep driving it in the meantime. A check engine light WILL come on, and that's going to tell you a lot without having to keep guessing.

I’ve checked all over for vacuum leaks and driven it for 3 months. Now it’s got a wicked rod knock though so I might just do a motor swap like an ls or something