Rear Axle Advice - Dana 35

Well, we can still get them from @AOR while he's got them!

Did it have any issues with clearing the rear track bar Jerry? I don't think it would, but just thought I would ask.
Like Superior Axle did, Revolution Gear & Axle is using Foote in Los Angeles to make their axle shafts for them. Brook Hilton, RGA's new GM, has no plans to change anything... especially something that is such an important part of their reason for being.

Last edited:
Reactions: PStov98TJ
They have Foote in Los Angeles making their shafts for them, the same foundry that Superior Axle used. Brook Hilton, RGA's new GM, has no plans to change anything... especially something that is such an important part of their reason for being.

It's good to know that guys like this are around. I'll continue to tell every single person I know to buy from Revolution!

As for the Superior axle truss... Would you buy it again if you had to?

Well, we can still get them from @AOR while he's got them!

Did it have any issues with clearing the rear track bar Jerry? I don't think it would, but just thought I would ask.
Nope no problem there at all Chris. Plus, and this is a big deal, that truss kit includes a track bar brace that can prevent the track bar bracket from tearing off the axle. It's not the same brace in my writeup linked to above, the one that comes in the kit is more integrated than the old brace I had that I reused.

It's good to know that guys like this are around. I'll continue to tell every single person I know to buy from Revolution!

As for the Superior axle truss... Would you buy it again if you had to?
Not only would I Chris, I already emailed Allen asking for a price on one. My present TJ doesn't have the brace, my above writeup was done on my previous TJ.

Nope no problem there at all Chris. Plus, and this is a big deal, that truss kit includes a track bar brace that can prevent the track bar bracket from tearing off the axle. It's not the same brace in my writeup linked to above, the one that comes in the kit is more integrated than the old brace I had that I reused.

Might as well add it to the TJ. Never hurts to have an even more beefed up rear axle. I've already got the Revolution shafts and gears in the Dana 44 rear, so the truss would pretty much complete it.

Not only would I Chris, I already emailed Allen asking for a price on one. My present TJ doesn't have the brace, my above writeup was done on my previous TJ.

Yep, Allen has me sold. I'm going to order one from him! It's a shame they don't make these things anymore. I like the idea that it's bolt on instead of weld on. Makes for an easy install and removal (should you ever need to).

Also, the fact that the diff cover is removable with the truss on is a huge, huge selling point.

Knowing Blaine had a large hand in designing this, and that you'd buy a second one makes me feel very good about this product.

Alan, jerry, or anyone else feel free to chime in on this. I have heard that the Dana 35 housing is, oddly enough, slightly stronger than the Dana 44 housing (not talking tubes) and is slightly less sucessptible to bending resulting in permanent damage. So for someone who doesn't wheel in places such JV and lives in the deep South East (where rocks are essentially nonexistent), would you still consider this a worth while mod? I know it has the added benefits of a trackbar bracket brace and shock shifters that will help after a SYE install. I want my 35 to be strong enough to take reasonable abuse, but being in a graduate/professional school, my cash flow is almost entirely loans, so I'm trying to keep myself from impulse buying here just because it's a smokin deal.

P.S. Does this truss play nice with trackbar relocation brackets?

Knowing Blaine had a large hand in designing this, and that you'd buy a second one makes me feel very good about this product.

Alan, jerry, or anyone else feel free to chime in on this. I have heard that the Dana 35 housing is, oddly enough, slightly stronger than the Dana 44 housing (not talking tubes) and is slightly less sucessptible to bending resulting in permanent damage. So for someone who doesn't wheel in places such JV and lives in the deep South East (where rocks are essentially nonexistent), would you still consider this a worth while mod? I know it has the added benefits of a trackbar bracket brace and shock shifters that will help after a SYE install. I want my 35 to be strong enough to take reasonable abuse, but being in a graduate/professional school, my cash flow is almost entirely loans, so I'm trying to keep myself from impulse buying here just because it's a smokin deal.

P.S. Does this truss play nice with trackbar relocation brackets?

Look at it this way, if you plan on keeping the 35 in the rear, which your grad/pro status seems to dictate, this is a worth while mod, if you plan to "reasonably" abuse it. Is the relocation bracket on the frame? If so, I see no reason that it would be any different than a stock situation. The relocation bracket's job is to more closely resemble the factory geometry of the trackbar after the lift.