Rear bumper that hides body lift

Cause If you ain’t, there’s no way to know unless you get physical and factual measurements.

Are you trying to tell me that all of the Jeep pictures on the internet are actually RC cars?

As long as we hang on to some concept of reality, based on the coilover shaft being approximately 7/8" wide and the coilover shaft being 1" wide, calculating it out, the air bump is a 2" stroke. Even taking into account the perspective of the picture there's is no more than 1-1/2" to the pad (probably closer to 3/4"-1").

How do the air bumps fit into his build? Why should they not remain on the shelf until he may or may not be planning on rebuilding the entire rear suspension? Surely, waiting to install airbumps until later is minimal work since you mentioned he will have to cut the fenders, and he'll have to redo the hoops anyway? How am I supposed to compliment his air bumps?

Does anyone know of a rear bumper that has adjustment for a body lift? I am looking to hide the gap and just curious. I have a JKS 1 1/4 BL. As always - thanks!

I think any swing out tire carrier would hide it if it bugs you that much.

Are you trying to tell me that all of the Jeep pictures on the internet are actually RC cars?

As long as we hang on to some concept of reality, based on the coilover shaft being approximately 7/8" wide and the coilover shaft being 1" wide, calculating it out, the air bump is a 2" stroke. Even taking into account the perspective of the picture there's is no more than 1-1/2" to the pad (probably closer to 3/4"-1").

How do the air bumps fit into his build? Why should they not remain on the shelf until he may or may not be planning on rebuilding the entire rear suspension? Surely, waiting to install airbumps until later is minimal work since you mentioned he will have to cut the fenders, and he'll have to redo the hoops anyway? How am I supposed to compliment his air bumps?

View attachment 104620

Wow! Hahahah. You just want to argue.

So I said he is going to cut the rear fenders?? Quote me.

Your calculating now?
All the mathematical formulas to figure out how many inches you perceive from a pic and you can’t read and comprehend the words I used in the post. I NEVER mentioned he was going to cut the fenders. You came up with that on your own. I never even said he was going to do anything. I mentioned he MAY be doing this or that. YOU apparently have facts and can perceive 1” from a angled picture from feet away hahah.

Your guessing and reaching. Just stop. I’m just saying, he built his Jeep one way and not your way or Blaine’s way. Reasons unknown. It a cool jeep with a lot of detail.

Now the real question, Could you use an air bump/hydro bump to stop compression instead of using harsh valving in the coilover at the top of the compression stroke since your using the top of the compression stroke at ride height. Notice i used the word “could”.

That plate is awfully close to the body... The body mounts do have a certain amount of movement and I'd be worried that plate will hit the body. Also, why is it made from 3/16" plate?
According to the owner he had some of it laying around or his builder did. I dont recall exactly to be able to quote him.

Total guess is that he used what he had on hand.

I actually like the “look” of the thicker plate.

Now the real question, Could you use an air bump/hydro bump to stop compression instead of using harsh valving in the coilover at the top of the compression stroke since your using the top of the compression stroke at ride height. Notice i used the word “could”.

Are you really expecting an answer from anyone who might actually know how to answer a question like this? How many outboards and shock relocations have you done?

Reactions: tworley
Are you really expecting an answer from anyone who might actually know how to answer a question like this? How many outboards and shock relocations have you done?

Ahh good point. I don’t know what I was talking about, but I was asking toximus directly since he joined in. Not you.

This all started because I called Blaine out...am I overstepping a line attempting to stand up for someone who ain’t here? That being the owner and builder of the white Jeep. Blaine called them out. I told him to chill out and now I’m the bad guy.

Trust me, it is far easier to deal with this knucklehead with the 3 word response or the below.
View attachment 104660

Down here in the south. We have t- shirts that say, “ RUN YOUR RIG, NOT YOUR MOUTH” what’s your address, I’ll think about sending you one.

Ahh good point. I don’t know what I was talking about, but I was asking toximus directly since he joined in. Not you.

This all started because I called Blaine out...am I overstepping a line attempting to stand up for someone who ain’t here? That being the owner and builder of the white Jeep. Blaine called them out. I told him to chill out and now I’m the bad guy.

Down here in the south. We have t- shirts that say, “ RUN YOUR RIG, NOT YOUR MOUTH” what’s your address, I’ll think about sending you one.
I am from the "south" and definitely don't have that t-shirt. And yes I do have shirts, and a full mouth of teeths.

As to the reaching of your anus with your peepee, My weenie dog can't reach his(physics) so he drags his ass on the floor when it itches. You might try that.

And go fuck yourself.

I am from the "south" and definitely don't have that t-shirt. And yes I do have shirts, and a full mouth of teeths.

As to the reaching of your anus with your peepee, My weenie dog can't reach his(physics) so he drags his ass on the floor when it itches. You might try that.

And go fuck yourself.

Here’s the link to the T-shirt you’ll see many people wearing at offroad events/races in the south. If your into off-roading and offroad racing.
https://madram11-productions.myshop...rontpage/products/run-your-rig-not-your-mouth
I can tells yous got a southern public education. Here’s the definition of the word physics you used referring to your dawgs PHYSICAL limitations Hahahah. Dummy.
“Physics is the natural science that studies matter, its motion and behavior through space and time, and that studies the related entities of energy and force.”

Reactions: Jamesval035
You'll never figure out way you are always the bad guy. Or maybe you know full well. Who knows?

So now your breaking down this guys build? So he isn’t using all his uptravel out of the shock? Maybe he isn’t done with his build, or maybe he ain’t cut the inner fenders yet for more uptravel. Ohhhh no, who cares bro! Maybe he doesn’t use all his downtravel either. Pointing out something that you have no idea about and acting as though it’s a shit build...that’s bad juju. Next time compliment the build instead of tearing into it.
For the sake of others following along since you haven't figured out a way to pull your head out of your ass yet, I'll clarify my position. That build has 3-400 hours of labor in it. It is obvious to anyone who does something other than a Google build that little expense was spared. He coil linked a YJ with RJ axles, Genright or similar stretch tank, and a whole bunch of other nice goodies with some very nice execution on most things except what matters most and that is making the suspension work as good as it can. No one who knows anything about suspension sets it up that way. No one. I know he is done because no one puts that much time and effort into something and leaves that much unfinished shit on the table for a later date. It is quite obvious he is detail oriented due to how the rest of the rig looks. It isn't even a tiny bit of a stretch to understand that is where it will be for a very long time and that is handicapped by the lack of design in the suspension. I haven't looked but I'll bet there is good money thrown at the steering. Lots of good money and depending on the condition of what he started with, he tossed about 50 grand at that rig and for that, the suspension should be much better. So again, go fuck yourself.