Rear bumper / tire carrier: ARB or Hyline?

TJBrad04

I'm stuck on the single action opening for the tailgate, love that.

I have the ARB front bumper already, so the rear would be matchy matchy and I love all the protection and additional features..... But damn it's expensive!

Hyline looks great, can't find a single reason NOT to get it.

anyone have experience with either?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I’m going to go against the grain here and suggest neither. Get a body mounted tire carrier such as the MORryde, Exogate, or OR-Fab.

Reactions: skrelnik
I’m going to go against the grain here and suggest neither. Get a body mounted tire carrier such as the MORryde, Exogate, or OR-Fab.
I like your thinking but that's exactly what I'm coming from. I have 4" tail lights and 2" reverse lights flush mounted and the tub can't support the weight since it's now Swiss cheese. The lower hinge mount pushes the tub in/out whenever you hit a bump.

I like your thinking but that's exactly what I'm coming from. I have 4" tail lights and 2" reverse lights flush mounted and the tub can't support the weight since it's now Swiss cheese. The lower hinge mount pushes the tub in/out whenever you hit a bump.

Ahhh, I gotcha!

In that case, I'd probably go with the Hyline. I've never used the ARB or Hyline, but to be honest, I just can't stomach the absurd price of the ARB tire carrier.

Reactions: uhgordo
Which arb bumper are you looking at there are two models.

I have the one with the integrated swing out tire carrier. It’s $$ and heavy but it does cover the rear really well. I can get a photo if you want it

Which arb bumper are you looking at there are two models.

I have the one with the integrated swing out tire carrier. It’s $$ and heavy but it does cover the rear really well. I can get a photo if you want it
I have the modular one on order, I like how the tire carrier integrates with the tailgate. Happy with it so far?

The OR-Fab carrier's weight isn't supported by the tub, its weight is supported by the rear rollbar base mounts via hidden brackets. It's a far stronger spare tire carrier than any bumper mounted carrier is.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
The OR-Fab carrier's weight isn't supported by the tub, its weight is supported by the rear rollbar base mounts via hidden brackets. It's a far stronger spare tire carrier than any bumper mounted carrier is.

Their web site only appears to have JK parts. Am I'm missing something?

OR FAB for the win!!! And don’t be put down by the single bad review on ExtremeTerrain - this tire carrier is revered as the gold standard by many jeepers and if installed correctly, it will not rattle, bind or sag. I would know, I’ve had it on my Jeep for years :) Oh and by the way I keep 130lbs on mine almost constantly, can close it with one finger and lines it right on mark.