Rear bumper welded on?

Slow Eddie

Supporting Member
I know the monster who did this is out there somewhere and I want him to know that this is not ok!

81885F42-4057-4E7B-AA77-5E8A89E2DECA.jpeg

Thanks for the support guys. I doubt those welds are really welds, more like metal melted over the top of the seam. No idea why this was done though, the bumper is bolted on.

Maybe someone wanted some "practice"
Which I'm all for. But not on a car. I did a bunch of practice stick welds on my trailer. Doing circles, n stuff like that.
And I didn't actually weld anything together on it. Just laid beads on top of the 3/4in plate near the jack.

I've heard of people tacking the front bumper so people can't steal the winch...
Tacked my aux light bolts so someone has to break them off or draw a lot of attention to steal them.

Takes a minute at home to grind the little weld down if I ever wanted to change them.

I've heard of people tacking the front bumper so people can't steal the winch...

that's actually not the worst idea...considering the bumper is held by 8 bolts, with a battery powered impact you could have a winch and bumper in your truck bed rolling down the road in about 30 seconds.

Wow, that's right up there at the top of the list when it comes to previous owner bullshit. My god...

Wow, that's right up there at the top of the list when it comes to previous owner bullshit. My god...

mine had the old teraflex adjustable LCA's that didn't have jam nuts so the ends could twist freely of each other.

By the time I got it, the threads had worn out so somebody welded them solid. So I had super stiff, nonadjustable LCA bodies with super stiff split polyurethane bushings in both ends. The sounds it made when flexing made it clear that a lot of the flex was happening in the mount brackets.

• Wow
Reactions: Blondie70 and Chris