Rear bumper welded on?

Let the healing process begin...
11B0A2C4-4072-4C50-92DF-9FF06AC1BB5E.jpeg

Haha, you finally got around to this? And I thought my schedule was busy :ROFLMAO:

Glad you got that taken care of though (y)

Is that picture 10 1/2 months old, did it take that long to get that bumper off, or is there a different reason it took you so long to show us that?

Whatever your answer is, that post is good news.
Did you notice his user name? It's apropos.

• Haha
Reactions: jjvw
Guys this is really embarrassing to admit but I’ve owned that Jeep four and a half years and I just recently rolled it into the garage and started to tear it down. It will probably be another four and a half years until it runs again.

A few years ago I put a Tj front end back on it but then took another 3 year break. I also put some XJ stocks on it because 33’s in a 2.5 auto with stock 3.73 gears wasn’t cool. This is how it looked when I rolled it into the garage and how it currently sits.

93B225E4-CC01-44FF-B2A6-01FFB3531729.jpeg

64C3D19A-B3A5-4A0A-9E2D-A86DE73ADD10.jpeg

Reactions: Chris and jjvw
And yes, Slow Eddie, the name fits. I’ve always been relatively handy but I’m also relatively lazy. I also just realized my most recent picture isn’t as recent as I thought so here’s two more fresh from the garage.

C0B93D4B-3547-4FED-A3AB-64C537179EA6.jpeg

B770FCA6-C510-4168-831C-E36071FC2E8B.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
Jerry,

To be honest, I don’t think I could have welded it on much better. Maybe one day we will find out. Inside this box is a Lincoln MIG welder that I bought for myself for Father’s Day.... in 2017. 😂😂😂

6C976069-87BE-4942-9D40-7465D6405345.jpeg

And just in case I needed to weld anything heavy to the frame this is my my Lincoln AC/DC arc welder I bought as a birthday gift to myself in November.... of 2017. And yes that’s the factory zip tie holding the electrode to the body. 😂😂😂

62659BB0-F47A-4680-850F-58312A9D9ABF.jpeg

And yes, Slow Eddie, the name fits. I’ve always been relatively handy but I’m also relatively lazy. I also just realized my most recent picture isn’t as recent as I thought so here’s two more fresh from the garage.

View attachment 207245

View attachment 207246
This Jeep is so many colors. Are you planning on getting it painted by a professional ?

Back in the days of Jeep-L you'd get slammed for not welding your bumper on. Those bolts are going to break on the first recovery and you're going to kill everyone.

Then again hydraulic winches were the only acceptable winch as well..

This Jeep is so many colors. Are you planning on getting it painted by a professional ?
Painted, yes. By a professional, definitely not. 😂 She’s going to get the ole military green Raptor liner treatment. Still debating on if I should Colorbond rattle can the dash and door panels or if I’ll just Raptor line those too.

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper