Rear Dana 44 axle shaft seal and bearing replacement

Great Video. I am about to rebuild my Dana 44 rear end and this is helpful. Maybe a stupid question, but is it not possible to use a bearing separator on the press to remove the old bearings and retainers instead of cutting them?

If you figure out a way, let me know.
The shaft collars are not reusable but I have used a big separator to get the bearings off. Not fun and I don't like resetting the entire shop press to put the press bed at the bottom but, it can be done. The biggest issue is supporting the splitter so you aren't trying to bend the all thread that holds them together. Difficult to sneak something in over the flange. You have to set up two supports outside the flange and then sneak two more across them to set the splitter on to get enough room over the press bed.

Far easier to smack the bearing off and split the race.

Looking to do this an of course I dont have a press at home. Is there any reason I cant take out both axels at the same time? Issues lining up to retaining pin or parts falling out of the diff? Id rather just make one trip to the shop to press on the new bearings than two.

thanks

Just remember that the longer rear axle shaft goes on the passenger side.

Thanks, Just didnt know if parts would fall out of the diff for some wierd reason. The service manual doesnt mention anything about it one way or another. I figured If one is leaking the other might as well get replaced too while Im at it.