Rear jounce to bump stop question

Now what is the length of the fully extended shaft?

About 9 1/4

IMG_0351.jpeg

Are those Rancho’s the right ones? If not what do you suggest? And nothing adjustable I’m confused enough as it is

You know all that talk about 50/50 shock travel that happens around here? We are trying to figure out how close you are to that. 😉

It seems odd that you need 5" of bump stop extension to make that shock fit.
I would think it should be more like 2"; maybe 3" with the shock relocation bracket?

Are you sure you have 4 inches of spring lift?

It seems odd that you need 5" of bump stop extension to make that shock fit.
I would think it should be more like 2"; maybe 3" with the shock relocation bracket?

Are you sure you have 4 inches of spring lift?

100%…..took the oem springs off put these on and final measurement was 4 1/4 taller (probably due to sag in the old springs)…..that’s one of the problems I don’t know how long a bump stop to use. I’m not sure how to fit the shock I’m just trying to get some answers with the posts I’m doing

100%…..took the oem springs off put these on and final measurement was 4 1/4 taller (probably due to sag in the old springs)…..that’s one of the problems I don’t know how long a bump stop to use. I’m not sure how to fit the shock I’m just trying to get some answers with the posts I’m doing

You are fighting the process of how to understand what you are doing.

All
You are so good at telling someone they’re doing it wrong. But you never explain to them how to do it right

All I’m trying to do is put in my revolution chrome moly rear axles, the correct e-locker finally, the BMB rear brakes…..and find the correct pinion angle because I have vibes after installing the UCF ultra high belly pan…. I can’t get rid of them. Started with a pinion angle 3 degrees lower than d/s Then 1 1/2 lower. Now I’m even. Still got vibes. Took out front d/s to eliminate it ….still has vibes so it’s coming from the rear….almost all the suspension is brand new …….I dunno what to do next

Do you know if and/or how much that jounce bumper compresses?

Trying to get my rear jounces centered under my bump stops...is it that critical to have it centered?

No, it's not critical.
Even if they were centered when both sides are compressed, they wouldn't hit in the same place when one side is compressed during articulation.

The bump stop length is what it is. Whatever it takes to keep the tire out of the fender or anything else from hitting something it shouldn't.

I would focus on the vibes.
Maybe you can you space the skid down to see if the vibes go away, then gradually bring it back up.

Reactions: gatertamer
No, it's not critical.
Even if they were centered when both sides are compressed, they wouldn't hit in the same place when one side is compressed during articulation.

The bump stop length is what it is. Whatever it takes to keep the tire out of the fender or anything else from hitting something it shouldn't.

I would focus on the vibes.
Maybe you can you space the skid down to see if the vibes go away, then gradually bring it back up.

That was my next move to slowly drop skid.....thank you for explaining things unlike one other @$&#%€@.. here.......I will check bump stop when everything is installed

• Haha
Reactions: jjvw