Rear LED tail light wiring confusion

Dman

Supporting Member
I got this LED tail lights from eBay and it’s suppose to fit for my 04 TJ but the Jeep has 3 wires and this has 4.
Which goes where? The lights didn’t come with instructions so I’m just at a lost.
Any inputs would be appreciated.
Thanks.

CD202028-C931-42FC-9F14-66EB40AB6E83.jpeg

View attachment 222872
I got this LED tail lights from eBay and it’s suppose to fit for my 04 TJ but the Jeep has 3 wires and this has 4.
Which goes where? The lights didn’t come with instructions so I’m just at a lost.
Any inputs would be appreciated.
Thanks.
One wire is probably a ground. The others should hook up direct. Not sure who’s who though, I’ve got my own wiring issues back there right now!

250B3F7B-980F-4F2F-8F5B-A180797CDB2B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Plumber1 and Dman
White is ground, Black is running, Red is stop and turn, and Blue is backup.

Reactions: Dman
The factory tj tail lights were grounded through the mounting bolts. Your new lights have a ground wire.

Reactions: Dman
I have a similar problem. The tail light wires on my jeep passenger side dont have a harness and the 3 wire colors are red, white and blue. The new tail light that i purchased comes with 3 different color wires - red, green and black. Which color wires connect to each other ? Please help🙏

I have a similar problem. The tail light wires on my jeep passenger side dont have a harness and the 3 wire colors are red, white and blue. The new tail light that i purchased comes with 3 different color wires - red, green and black. Which color wires connect to each other ? Please help🙏
After doing some digging. I found out that the color of the 3 wires should have been:
1. Purple/Black = Reverse/Backup light
2. Black/Yellow = Tail running light or Side marker light
3. Green/Red = Left Stop & Turn Signal
4. Brown/Red = Right Stop & Turn Signal
So i followed the blue, red and white wires up and found exactly the colors mentioned first. After finding this, wires were soldered and new taillight was installed in a few minutes. Hope this helps the someone else in the future. 🙏

After doing some digging. I found out that the color of the 3 wires should have been:
1. Purple/Black = Reverse/Backup light
2. Black/Yellow = Tail running light or Side marker light
3. Green/Red = Left Stop & Turn Signal
4. Brown/Red = Right Stop & Turn Signal
So i followed the blue, red and white wires up and found exactly the colors mentioned first. After finding this, wires were soldered and new taillight was installed in a few minutes. Hope this helps the someone else in the future. 🙏

I have a similar issue. I have all 4 wires on the passenger side withe the blue white black red wires and can not figure out how to get the break lights to come on. I've scrolled and tried to find something to help but no luck yet. I got new led lights.

62CD9601-8FDE-496B-A339-43D183251412.jpeg

4606F6F2-7E83-4929-974C-622F753F578C.jpeg

8C725FA9-2E52-43C8-A034-D3883215DC10.jpeg

4th wire is ground

Just put a circle terminal on it, and clean the inside area, and slip it over one of the threaded bolts, then when you tighten it….= ground reference