Rear Rusty's Off-Road track bar fitment issues

I have the JKS rear and front bars. I had to get the jks angled bracket but I do have a sye. Adjustable goes to the axle side.

D571A43A-CA5F-4D02-AE74-01E58CF38D5D.png

D80E6775-4DAF-45E3-A8BA-49A53926D27E.jpeg

I've had the exact problem using the stock track bar. The fact that the adjustable track bar rotates, and doesn't work, confuses me completely. That's the point of wasting money on it. :unsure: Glad I didn't and have never had any issues.
p.s. Jerry B, Please enlighten me on this subject.

my axle was off, pulled to one side. so i ordered both the front and rear adjustable track bar to recenter the axle to help on the road. you would think you can just turn the bar on and it would light up but since i have to also push it, the rod binds up and wont turn anymore.

my bar has another bend at the end and is not straights like the JKS. thats why i am assuming Rustys says to use the stock bracket and remove the added relocation bracket that was previously added.

View attachment 362657
my bar has another bend at the end and is not straights like the JKS. thats why i am assuming Rustys says to use the stock bracket and remove the added relocation bracket that was previously added.

View attachment 362657

Are you sure that is a rear TB ?

View attachment 362657

Are you sure that is a rear TB?

B66D267F-C4F2-4169-AFA9-F53FC3E42B2C.png

This is what they told me to do.

"The Fixed End of the track bar will be mounted to the frame side and the adjustable end will mount at the axle end with the Rusty's Logo sticker facing the rear of the vehicle. If your vehicle happens to have a raised track bar relocation bracket installed this should be removed as our track bar is designed to be mounted to the factory axle mount."

I would send them both back and go elsewhere. Rusty should of stuck to XJ's, I pulled this off their website. They told you you don't need this bracket and you do.

Rustys angled bracket.PNG

Rustys angled.PNG

Ok so you didn't get them mixed up. Well let us know what Rusty says to help fix your issue. I bet if you hold your other bar next to the front they will be the same minus the joints.

They do look similar in the front. But this is what rustys said.

A common thing that can occur when these are used is the factory track bar mount bends inward slightly when the hardware is tightened. You should be able to use a pry bar and simply open the mount up a little then our track bar should fit in with no issue.

I'll try and bend it out a bit but not sure if that's going to fix the issue.

Last edited:
I've installed several rear aftermarket track bars and never had that issue. I wish I had enough respect for Rusty's to not get pissed at their response.

I mean I have photos of both ends partial installed and u can clearly see that the axle end will probably not go in if I bend the bracket. If I have both end pushed in, the axle side is definitely crooked going in. If I install the axle end first it goes in smooth but the fame side is off. Its like the new one needs a slight bend at the adjustable head to compensate for the straight mount. The original installed fine. But ill humor them and try to bend it a little bit

20220927_211348.jpg

20220927_211412.jpg