Rear Rusty's Off-Road track bar fitment issues

nums

1997 jeep wrangler sport
4.0 6 cylinder
4in bds lift kit

I recently purchased rustys offroad front and rear adjustable track bars.
Front: RC-TB122-UV
Rear: RC-TB550-TJ

The front went together perfectly with no issues and was able to center the axle a bit better. The rear I've been having really bad fitment issues. I get one end in the other will not go in. Since I was told by rustys that I am supposed to use the stock mount I took off the relocation bracket that was installed for the 4inch lift kit. Once you install the axle end of the track bar the end that goes on the frame it bends to the side and turns so it cannot install into the frame. I've tried bending it twisting it and cannot get if to install.... the original track bar installs fine with not bending issue or fitment issue. It looks like the original track bar has a slight bend at both ends and the rustys offroad only has that slight been on 1 side.

Anyone have a rustys offroad rear track bar and can offer any help? I added photos of the stock and rustys track bar installed. You can see the different .

20220927_210736.jpg

20220927_210739.jpg

20220927_211350.jpg

20220927_211824.jpg

20220927_211841.jpg

20220927_212029.jpg

20220927_212042.jpg

Try unlocking the trackbar and spinning that joint slightly, maybe you can get the angles right?

I did, I backed it off enough to spin it into place but it seems like when I turn it binds up and will not turn any further. I'm assuming it's bending that's why the threads are binding. Even got both ends in and tried moving the axle connection in and it just is not straight enough to go in

No I do not

Ok. I ask because the way the bar is rolled would correspond with an axle that is rolled pinion-up and an angled bracket used with an SYE would help with alignment.

No experience with Rusty's though, sorry.

Am I crazy for thinking it’s backwards? My JKS bar has the adjustment on the frame side, not the axle side.

This is what they told me to do.

"The Fixed End of the track bar will be mounted to the frame side and the adjustable end will mount at the axle end with the Rusty's Logo sticker facing the rear of the vehicle. If your vehicle happens to have a raised track bar relocation bracket installed this should be removed as our track bar is designed to be mounted to the factory axle mount."

Reactions: ranger101
I've had the exact problem using the stock track bar. The fact that the adjustable track bar rotates, and doesn't work, confuses me completely. That's the point of wasting money on it. :unsure: Glad I didn't and have never had any issues.
p.s. Jerry B, Please enlighten me on this subject.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low