Rear seat headrests options?

Scott alcorn

Ok so I got a backseat for the jeep only problem now is the ex will raise sand because it dont have a headrest ... so is there an option to resolve this without buying another seat 04 tj

Sorry, no write up and not much for pics either. :(

You can kind of see them here: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/my-05-rubi-build-and-picture-thread.1022/page-17#post-78564

They were out of an 02 Jetta. I just drilled holes in the seat frame for the two rods on the bottom of the headrests, and made the holes a little closer together than the rods so it would be a friction fit since there are no buttons in the seat to push to slide them up and down. It's not a perfect solution, but it works.

No offense to derekmac but that seems like a potential dangerous solution. If someone were to rear end you hard enough to need the headrest to stop a whiplash situation, those head rest are just going to fold over, and depending on how far down the head rest are, the legs are going to stick right through the seat for another potential injury.

No offense to derekmac but that seems like a potential dangerous solution. If someone were to rear end you hard enough to need the headrest to stop a whiplash situation, those head rest are just going to fold over, and depending on how far down the head rest are, the legs are going to stick right through the seat for another potential injury.
I can push back on them as hard as I can, and they don't deflect back as the metal frame in the seat stops that. To me, what I have is safer than the kids heads having nothing to hit against.

Anybody had a custom bracket made to support two bucket seats in the back?
The aftermarket sest companies support headrest and bucket style seating.

Reactions: billiebob
Ok so I got a backseat for the jeep only problem now is the ex will raise sand because it dont have a headrest ... so is there an option to resolve this without buying another seat 04 tj
Opps didnt see the part about not buying anothet seat. But I believe you only have two real options. One, have a professional upholster add headrest the correct way to the factory seat. Two, purchase a rear aftermarkey bench seat that has headrest in them that will bolt to the original mounting points therefore, retaining the proper geometry for your factory seatbelts.

I'm sure just about any professional upholsterer could make a headrest look great.

I'm not so sure they could ensure that any headrest will stop whiplash.

I'm not saying the headrests of the seat Chris posted won't do the job, but who really knows.