Rear seat stuck and won't come out anymore

mas08

I'm sure this is something a lot of people have experienced. The rear seat of my '04 TJ has been out of my Jeep for years.
I put it back in a few weeks ago, and now I can't take it out. It folds forward, but won't tumble. The passenger side is fine, but the drivers side is stuck.

Is there some kind of trick to get the drivers side to release?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

This happened to me YEARS ago, I think I ended up getting “frustrated” and just slammed it forward as hard as I could and it broke free but didn’t break anything. I think
I lubed it up and haven’t had any problems with it since.

Reactions: billiebob
This happened to me YEARS ago, I think I ended up getting “frustrated” and just slammed it forward as hard as I could and it broke free but didn’t break anything. I think

Any worry about snapping that plastic piece and wire cables at the top of the seat? (the part that you need to press to fold it down).

Any worry about snapping that plastic piece and wire cables at the top of the seat? (the part that you need to press to fold it down).
I didn’t worry about that at the time, but I did have the plastic piece pulled so it would fold.

Thanks man. Finally got it out. Turns out its this black hook that is jammed.

IMG_3555.jpg

Thanks man. Finally got it out. Turns out its this black hook that is jammed.

View attachment 182467
Had the same issue with mine when I got the TJ. Left sire worked, right one was stuck. Sprayed some WD40 and let it sit overnight. Next day is Ed long flat head screwdriver and smacked the everliving shit out of that hook. It came out lose! Now the rear seat is somewhere in the garage. Also broke two torx bits removing rear seat mounts bolts.

Had the same issue with mine when I got the TJ. Left sire worked, right one was stuck. Sprayed some WD40 and let it sit overnight. Next day is Ed long flat head screwdriver and smacked the everliving shit out of that hook. It came out lose! Now the rear seat is somewhere in the garage. Also broke two torx bits removing rear seat mounts bolts.

Did you ever try putting it back in? Does it go in/out easily now?
Mine is going in the storage closet. Only time I'll ever put it back is when I am ready to sell it.

Did you ever try putting it back in? Does it go in/out easily now?
Mine is going in the storage closet. Only time I'll ever put it back is when I am ready to sell it.
When it finally let go, I was able to latch and unlatch the seat easily. But since I had no plans of having rear seat in, I just tosses it in the garage.