Rear shock hoops

someguysjeep

simple guy
Lifetime Supporting Member
i need to get my butt moving on this rear end stretch, and i'm seeking some shock hoops. i could build towers like i did up front but those are kinda heavy.

https://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/12-diy-do-it-yourself-shock-hoop-kit-11055.html

so far lowrange is at the top of my list, it's not overpriced for a piece of bent pipe, like others that want over 100$. and i'm diggin that it's not opened up real wide at the bottom, i don't need it to be.

anyone got a source for anything comparable? i checked all the usual suspects like rustys, barnes, TMR and a few others.

Maybe Blaine has an opinion on this? Have you asked him? I know he’s done rear stretches plenty of times.

no i did not directly drag his attention to this. the only thing that might direct me toward another hoop would be if the A frame design offers any additional structural rigidity. i like to avoid a wide mount but if it has value i need to consider the option. @mrblaine, do you have an opinion on shock hoops, sir?

no i did not directly drag his attention to this. the only thing that might direct me toward another hoop would be if the A frame design offers any additional structural rigidity. i like to avoid a wide mount but if it has value i need to consider the option. @mrblaine, do you have an opinion on shock hoops, sir?
I don't shop by price.

I don't shop by price.
i don't mind paying ...........i'm not shopping this because it's cheap. but because it's a tighter hoop with length that i may or may not need. is there another i should look at?

or lets just ask directly what/who's hoops or mounts do you prefer for this type of mount?

i don't mind paying ...........i'm not shopping this because it's cheap. but because it's a tighter hoop with length that i may or may not need. is there another i should look at?

or lets just ask directly what/who's hoops or mounts do you prefer for this type of mount?
When I do coil overs, I generally use 2 sets of the cheaper universal Genright front sets. I substitute the inline tube clamps for the exhaust style and use the bent tube for the crossover brace. That gives me a set of hoops for the rear that work fine. However, I use a sliding tube set up and lately their tube has really been out of round which makes that difficult.

By the time you add in the shock mounts that you weld to the tube and the axle, the overall price isn't far off.
Quite often, I use one of the shock mounts for the hoop and turn it on the axle tube, trim it some for full welds on the sides and call it good.

Reactions: someguysjeep