Rear shock sizing help needed (real numbers provided)

My focus will goto the free length of the coil @2.5" to keep them seated. Rough country progressive has the longest 2.5" coil @20" which is the same and a tad more than most 4" lift springs. They can be set up with 11" travel using shock relocation towers.

24.5" extended shock length unseats the 20" freelength front springs. I most often use the 180 5100 seires and 337 5125 bilstein. 5125's mount can up and do not come with a barpin.

You'll find ome N66L have a 15.5/26.5" length. The springs will be unseated nearly 3".
Thanks for your reply. I will look at those shocks. I am using OME 2934 springs they measured to a 20" free length also. I currently have Rancho RS55128 shocks and they seem to be to short. Springs measure 14.5" at ride height. At full bump I still have 2" of shock shaft left. This is the first time I have tried to piece together my own lift and I appreciate the advice.

What size tires are you running? I do have a set of 3" Nth degree springs I could install. However, running a 31" tire with them would mean too much wheel well space. I did a test fit on a previous Jeep on a 31" equivalent metric tire and here's what it looked like, i.e. a Jeep on stilts.
Sorry, I missed your question. I am running 33s with my 3" spring plus a body lift. So very different than you.

On the other hand I had similar difficulties. With a 1" body lift I only needed 1" of bumpstop to fit 33s in the rear. So I only needed a 13.5" shock. Also my JKS springs compress to 4.5" according to JKS. So everything should tuck up nice for me. But I'm kind of confused why others need so much bumpstop. Mabye my springs are going into full bind and I don't know it. But I don't think thats the case.

Anyway, sorry for the late post. I hope your getting this all figured out. Wish I had found you earlier. I was looking to buy some Nth degree springs for my LJ but couldn't find any. But the JKS have been treating me well.

Reactions: Irun