Rear sway bar

T_Hase89

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
As I’m greasing my my fittings under the jeep and looking for a cause of a squeak while driving, I started looking at the rear sway bar system for the first time since I bought this jeep. Found all of the bushings are toast. And it squeaks. So maybe I’m on to something. Anyway... outside of anti rock for the rear (don’t need that), any recommendations beyond just replacing all the bushings? Couldn’t find much in the search function

A few years ago, I found the same with the rear sway bar on mine. Every connection was loose and sloppy making the Jeep noisy and floppy.

I replaced all the rubber and it made a world of difference in how the Jeep behaved.

Reactions: Hog
A few years ago, I found the same with the rear sway bar on mine. Every connection was loose and sloppy making the Jeep noisy and floppy.

I replaced all the rubber and it made a world of difference in how the Jeep behaved.

Thanks. I’ll order some new rubber and call it good.

Same here. I just replaced everything with OEM stuff. The poly stuff always ends up squeaky and just doesn't seem to last as long. With 3" of lift, I probably should have used extended links, as they are now the limiting factor in letting the rear end droop, but then again, it seems to articulate enough for what I do, and the springs never go completely relaxed and clank around like I have seen happen pretty often.