Rear track bar bracket broke off

I wouldn't bother replacing it, I'd just get it welded back together.

Anyone that thinks that is crazy (or that I'm crazy), feel free to post some proof.

This. while you're at it weld on a brace to the tube and never worry about it again.
20200315_175801.jpg

Its a common failure when an extended track bar bracket is bolted on like yours has.it gives extra leverage over the bracket

Edit- or some type of bolt on brace from bracket to diff cover like mentioned

Last edited:
That's your track bar mount. Not sure I've read on the forum of anyone actually breaking one of these, but there are a lot of folks on here that have all kinds of experience, and they'll surely have some sage advice for ya. Helluva first post! Great pics. Welcome to the zoo!

That’s the same one I broke a while back and got home from Asheville North Carolina to Huntsville with ratchet straps holding the axle- Not only does it hold the track bar but it also holds the left rear upper control arm- To my knowledge I can only find one company that makes the mount and I’ll try to come back and post it shortly- You need to plan on dropping the axle and be careful with the brake line- Go ahead and get it out-of-the-way and make sure it did not get damaged.

These situations make me I think that the track bar relocation brackets can help make this happen.

Last edited:
That’s the same one I broke a while back and got home from Asheville North Carolina to Huntsville with ratchet straps holding the axle- Not only does it hold the track bar but it also holds the left rear upper control arm- To my knowledge I can only find one company that makes the mount and I’ll try to come back and post it shortly- You need to plan on dropping the axle and be careful with the brake line- Go ahead and get it out-of-the-way and make sure it did not get damaged.

These situations make me I think that the track bar relocation brackets can help make this happen.

that was 40k miles ago :eek: have you atleast changed the ratchet straps, they're probably dry rotted by now :rolleyes:

that was 40k miles ago :eek: have you atleast changed the ratchet straps, they're probably dry rotted by now :rolleyes:

Man I’m no cheapskate I got the 2 inch with a warranty- This is a long-term project.

I bet you guys in Georgia would use bailing wire🤣

This was the one I used but it was sold by another company and I cannot think of the name-like RuffDawg or some name like that- RuffStuff Specialties I think.

903BE249-5424-4ABC-A328-CBFA8EF127F5.png

Last edited:
Man I’m no cheapskate I got the 2 inch with a warranty- This is a long-term project.

I bet you guys in Georgia would use bailing wire🤣

and vise grips ! but its temporary (10k miles or less) for us not a permanent fix like you ALABAMA guys ! 🤗

and vise grips ! but its temporary (10k miles or less) for us not a permanent fix like you ALABAMA guys ! 🤗

Some people don’t realize the measures I will take to get out of Georgia.