Rear track bar issue

Steven

Hey, just looking some advice.

I've replaced the springs, put in the adjustable front track bar, and control arms without any issues. I've put in the rear arms, everything was fine until the rear track bar. (4 inch lift, arms are currently 14ish upper, 15 3/4 lower until I can grab the pinion angle)

The track bar path is currently blocked by the gas tank skid/exhaust. Has anyone else had this issue?

(First picture is in front of the frame side bracket, second being behind)

Pictures

IMG_1125.JPG

IMG_1126.JPG

Do you have a CV driveshaft installed and is your rear axle rolled back so its front pinion angle is raised to work with the CV driveshaft?

It sounds like your attempting to rotate the pinion up to work with a double cardan (CV) driveshaft? If so, I think this is just a situation where adjusting one thing creates issues elsewhere. I remember when I was adding lift to a previous Jeep, I went through the same. As I rotated the pinion up, I began to have issues with the trackbar binding and then rubbing on the gas tank skid. I am trying to remember everything I ended up doing...
The exhaust you can probably loosen all the joints and find some room. But for the tank skid, you may end up needing to add a trackbar relocation bracket and/or shortening up both the upper and lower arms the same amount to bring the axle forward a little bit. I think I was able to clearance the factory skid a bit and get it to the point where the trackbar was only touching a little bit, and I was good with that. When I went to a heavy duty skid, I think it rubbed harder and I had to start changing more things.
Maybe try to tilting the pinion back down a bit - see if you can get away with a small amount of angle without getting any serious vibrations.
Also, at this point, you may find that the rear shock bodies hit the lower spring perches as well. You'll need to shock relocation brackets as well for those too.
Lifting can get tricky. Good luck.

I currently am not working with the sye/drive shaft. I also don't have a track bar relocation bracket. I have a transfer case drop that was going to go in, but ran into the issue.

In regards to adjusting the control arms to a shorter length, I believe I will still have an issue with the exhaust being in the way of the frame bracket.

I currently am not working with the sye/drive shaft. I also don't have a track bar relocation bracket. I have a transfer case drop that was going to go in, but ran into the issue.

In regards to adjusting the control arms to a shorter length, I believe I will still have an issue with the exhaust being in the way of the frame bracket.
You need a SYE and CV driveshaft with a 4" lift. At a minimum you need a track bar relocation bracket but it's going to be a real booger connecting the factory track bar which is too short for a 4" lift to it.

I currently have an adjustable rubicon express track bar (both front and rear), along with the adjustable arms. I was under the impression that I would be able to make due with a transfer case drop kit to eliminate vibrations for the time being.

Also, I still need the relocation bracket even with an adjustable control arm? From looking around I didn't see anyone recommending the bracket on top of the adjustable bar.

In regards to the rear control arms, because I installed the lift without the CV/SYE, would I be fine having longer LCA's, since those aren't going in yet?

If that is a Rubicon Express track bar the Heim goes on the axle side not the frame.