Rear track bar or something different?

Bgilson

When I bought this jeep it needed new tires. I noticed the passenger side tires were more offset then the driver side. I was putting new tires and wheels on so wasnt a big deal. Got the new tires on and noticed the passenger rear was sticking out more than the front. Asked a couple people and they all said rear track bar. Im waiting on my slip yoke eliminator and ill be putting on a 4 inch lift. So I also just ordered a new rear track bar for the lift size but I got under it today and the track bar looks fine to me.

How do you tell if the track bar is bad? Or is that even the issue im having?

60269F3A-F3F2-42CE-9AB4-44C660062914.jpeg

508C948A-3EEB-4AC5-A87B-3ECA11458C51.jpeg

1001F1B7-A3C8-477C-8237-05E340B8D0BF.jpeg

It's not about the track bar being bad. With a 4" lift and stock track bar the rear is being pulled to the passenger side. This is why they sell relocation brackets and adjustable track bars.

Reactions: SvtLdr
It's not about the track bar being bad. With a 4" lift and stock track bar the rear is being pulled to the passenger side. This is why they sell relocation brackets and adjustable track bars.

This. Upper bushing is bad on yours and also has the wrong bolt in it.

Reactions: Irun
Look at, it this way. By lifting the location of the frame side mount up, you're effectively shortening the track bar. Since it's shorter it's going to pull to the side where the track bar attaches to the frame. In this case, the passenger side.

Reactions: SvtLdr
It appears there something going on with your frame side mount? Can you post some pics of a different angle?

As mentioned, there's a good chance that whoever set up the lift opted to keep the OE track bar and mounts, which doesn't work with added spring height.

Look at, it this way. By lifting the location of the frame side mount up, you're effectively shortening the track bar. Since it's shorter it's going to pull to the side where the track bar attaches to the frame. In this case, the passenger side.

There you go getting all geometrical on us! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Irun