Rear track bar question

JKS has a better description of this bracket and when to use it. If you don't have a CV driveshaft and 3+" of lift get JKS OGS151.

It comes with a bracket that helps keep it in the correct Angle if/when you rotate your pinion up after a lift is installed.

Ah, ok. I wondered if it was included for a different reason, it just looks a lot like the relocation bracket.

I might do the SYE and CV driveshaft if it seems necessary, but I will be staying with the OME 2" springs.

Ah, ok. I wondered if it was included for a different reason, it just looks a lot like the relocation bracket.

I might do the SYE and CV driveshaft if it seems necessary, but I will be staying with the OME 2" springs.
Tummy tuck skid plate?

Rotating the rear axle to raise the pinion angle for a cv driveshaft moves the driver's side track bar mount too close to the gas tank. An angled bracket moves the mount forward away from the gas tank restoring the clearance between them.

Reactions: Blondie70
Trackbar brackets primary function is to help restore some of the lost roll center height when lifting.

I use one with my 2” OME springs since I added a tummy tuck skid plate. with the TT, the rear driveshaft thinks I have about 4” lift
While your driveshaft thinks you have lift, your axle is not actually tilted that much; so why would you need an angled bracket?

While your driveshaft thinks you have lift, your axle is not actually tilted that much; so why would you need an angled bracket?
because 4" of lift in the drive train is all that matters, and at that amount of separation should include a DC drive shaft. this shaft dictates the pinion inline with the shaft into the TC output. 4" of lift can generate pinions angles of 20*^.

an extension bracket should be incorporated for any amount of lift to restore axle movement. anything more or less than the amount of lift will offset the action.
being close, is often enough to mitigate undesirable characteristics.

Reactions: taylormade73
Ok, so that bracket is for moving the bar away from the gas tank after you've adjusted pinion angle. Is there any problem with installing it without changing pinion angle, as a preemptive measure for later?

And Is there a totally different product for fixing axle position after a lift while keeping the stock track bar? I thought that was a thing too, but all the brackets I'm seeing look about the same.

Last edited:
Ok, so that bracket is for moving the bar away from the gas tank after you've adjusted pinion angle. Is there any problem with installing it without changing pinion angle, as a preemptive measure for later?

And Is there a totally different product for fixing axle position after a lift while keeping the stock track bar? I thought that was a thing too, but all the brackets I'm seeing look about the same.

the bracket is to restore travel motion to the axle.
the bracket can either be an angled type to aid not contacting the GTS or a straight if this is not an issue, pinion angle effects this choice most. which type of driveshaft you run also has an input in this angle.

if you had a 2" lift and you added a 2" riser it will restore the travel motion..........it's not really feasible to add a huge 4" riser for a 4" lift because your usually trying to increase up travel as well, and then this gap gets covered by a longer adjustable length TB. a 1-2" vertical separation does not produce nearly as noticeable effect as it does at 4" of vertical separation.

because 4" of lift in the drive train is all that matters, and at that amount of separation should include a DC drive shaft. this shaft dictates the pinion inline with the shaft into the TC output. 4" of lift can generate pinions angles of 20*^.

an extension bracket should be incorporated for any amount of lift to restore axle movement. anything more or less than the amount of lift will offset the action.
being close, is often enough to mitigate undesirable characteristics.
I understand. Wasn't considering a CV shaft which dictates rotating the axle. I'm still running the stock rear shaft on my LJR.

Don't mean to high jack the thread but I had a related question.
I bought a Currie rear trac bar relocation bracket. It's bolts to the stock mount in 3 places. The instruction say to also weld it in place. Would it be mandatory to weld it. The mount that is on there now from the PO is not welded.

Don't mean to high jack the thread but I had a related question.
I bought a Currie rear trac bar relocation bracket. It's bolts to the stock mount in 3 places. The instruction say to also weld it in place. Would it be mandatory to weld it. The mount that is on there now from the PO is not welded.
Welding is the best way to do it but it’s not mandatory. If you’re into wheeling in harsh conditions and flex a lot I would have it welded.