Rear trackbar: JKS trackbar or relocation bracket?

JoseA

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Help me decide on my 2 options: I have about 2.5 inches of lift installed by PO. Rear trackbar is stock and bushings look worn out. I don't have a SYE.
1- ARB relocation bracket (I already have it) and a new MOOG DS1461 trackbar: about $80 cost.
2- JKS rear adjustable trackbar OGS151 and no relocation bracket: about $200 cost maybe a bit less if I sell the ARB bracket.
Is it worth paying for the JKS?

Help me decide on my 2 options: I have about 2.5 inches of lift installed by PO. Rear trackbar is stock and bushings look worn out. I don't have a SYE.
1- ARB relocation bracket (I already have it) and a new MOOG DS1461 trackbar: about $80 cost.
2- JKS rear adjustable trackbar OGS151 and no relocation bracket: about $200 cost maybe a bit less if I sell the ARB bracket.

I like not having to drill holes in the frame and going with the adjustable.

Reactions: JoseA

Why is the Currie not on the list, I thought the Currie one had the best bend for max uptravel?

A relocation bracket can put things at the axle end into the fuel lines -

A double adustable by
Rough country is easy to deal centering the axle and uses stock bushings so service is cheap

The JKS is a good value-

I have one of each on my 2 TJs.

Currie always makes great stuff.

Bending the gas tank skid to clear is a known hack.

Reactions: JoseA
A double adustable by
Rough country is easy to deal centering the axle and uses stock bushings so service is cheap
I used this one and have no complaints.

I originally bought the OME relocation bracket to save money. Once I held it up to the axle and realized what a pain in the ass it was going to be to install (even up on a lift), I chucked it in the parts bin and bought a new adjustable bar.

I used this one and have no complaints.

I originally bought the OME relocation bracket to save money. Once I held it up to the axle and realized what a pain in the ass it was going to be to install (even up on a lift), I chucked it in the parts bin and bought a new adjustable bar.

I was looking at the bracket and was getting a little concerned for the install not gonna lie.

I was looking at the bracket and was getting a little concerned for the install not gonna lie.

I've used the bracket twice (Dana 35, Dana 44 and another Dana 35). I actually did it yesterday a third time to remove an adjustable JKS from one rig and move it to another rig, replacing it with the bracket and stock bar. I've always had good clearance with the bracket and a stock bar at 2-2.5" We removed the adjustable JKS from the 2-2.5" lift in order to put it on a 4.25" lift where it is absolutely needed.

Last edited: