Rear view mirror question

Minderbinder3

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I know this isn’t the coolest thread ever but…I can’t keep my rear view mirror attached to the windshield. My TJ doesn’t vibrate much but my county roads are awful. Funny thing is that it falls off at night while the TJ is parked inside the garage. I have tried every kit out there and am into it about $40 for adhesives. Do they make one that mounts to the windshield frame where the holes already are for the bikini top strap?

I have looked online and can’t find anything.

Any suggestions?

I know this isn’t the coolest thread ever but…I can’t keep my rear view mirror attached to the windshield. My TJ doesn’t vibrate much but my county roads are awful. Funny thing is that it falls off at night while the TJ is parked inside the garage. I have tried every kit out there and am into it about $40 for adhesives. Do they make one that mounts to the windshield frame where the holes already are for the bikini top strap?

I have looked online and can’t find anything.

Any suggestions?

I’d stop by a windshield repair place and see what they can do. They do it daily.

Had same issue as you a few years back, never could get one to hold no matter how clean I got the glass. I ended up flipping mine upside down and mounted it to the metal bracket (not sure of it's purpose) directly above it's spot on the glass. Works great I'm 6'4" and I actually prefer it a little higher.

Had same issue as you a few years back, never could get one to hold no matter how clean I got the glass. I ended up flipping mine upside down and mounted it to the metal bracket (not sure of it's purpose) directly above it's spot on the glass. Works great I'm 6'4" and I actually prefer it a little higher.

Will try mounting it higher. I’m 6’4” as well so it should still operate fine. Can’t keep the TJ home long enough now to let the glue dry properly because the wife and son fight over who is going to drive it every day.

Reactions: Cornbread
auto glass or body shop will have the right stuff. had this problem with an older f 150. parts store stuff just wouldn’t hold up.