Rear Wheel Wobble

Eddie Greenlee

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Hey I have a video to look at, and the rear passenger wheel/tire/something looks to be wobbling.

this is my 8.8 with an OX locker and a super 88 kit / C clip eliminator kit. What should I look for?? Thanks.

You have a bent rim or bent axle flange possibly...that’s pretty noticeable.

Follow MrBlaine advice and cut the options down in half. If the caliper isn't wobbling but the tire is you know it is past the rotor (likely tire/rim).
Edit.. if the rotor isn't wobbling. Gotta stop typing before the caffeine kicks in.

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
I’m working on it now. I’m hoping it’s the caliper ! Because I keep having that rattle and my ebrake light is staying on (but very dim) and I can’t find it. Hopefully it’s all caused by the same thing

I’m working on it now. I’m hoping it’s the caliper ! Because I keep having that rattle and my ebrake light is staying on (but very dim) and I can’t find it. Hopefully it’s all caused by the same thing
Don't hope for it being the caliper. If the caliper is moving back and forth from the rotor, you have to pull the rotor and see if the axle flange is wobbling and moving the rotor. If it is, then the axle is bent and needs replacement.

Don't hope for it being the caliper. If the caliper is moving back and forth from the rotor, you have to pull the rotor and see if the axle flange is wobbling and moving the rotor. If it is, then the axle is bent and needs replacement.
About to remove the caliper and router

You have to lock the rotor in place with the lugnuts if they are deep enough or regular if they aren't.
Oh ok. I’ll try that too. Here is the axle flange and its tracking Straight as a board .

Attachments

• 63570189300__9E3D7252-CE0D-4A5B-A3F9-92E3E8EF002C.MOV
    1.2 MB
Couple things . 1.I have a striped out lug nut
2. After Tightening down 4 Lugnuts with spacers it’s still wobbling

image.jpg

Attachments

• 63570300956__1F480BA8-901C-424B-B19F-2140AD8CA2AD.MOV
    1.1 MB