Rear Wheel Wobble

You could use a tape measure if you don't have dial calipers. Measure out side the axke flange
Then measure the lip inside the rotor.

A tape will get you close...you should know right away. A caliper you can be exact. I'm not thinking this is only off by a few thousands. Maybe more like an 1/8th of an inch. Let me know
My 3 calipers only go to 6 inches and this axle flange looks to be 6&1/2 and the inside flange is maybe a 1/16 off but that’s with a tape measure. So give or take

You could grind a bezel into the outer edge of the axle flange so that it doesnt contact the lip on the rotor. Do it while the axle flange is spinning with the engine running so that it is like a lathe.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
Running straight as a board
The only way it can do that is if the rotor hat where the studs come through is a different thickness which would be very hard to do. That side says the rotor is true, the other side also has to be true or almost has to be since grinding down the inside would be next to impossible.

Is the other rotor like that? Measure it to the lip and measure the other axke flange.

As you said it appears it's off by a 1/16th...which in machining is a lot. 62 and 1/2 thousandths off.

It almost looks like the rotor cut on the lathe wasn't finished all the way....

Or...

Your flanges weren't turned down far enough.

Or..

Somehow...

You've got the wrong rotors.?.

New a rotor and running straight. Now I’ll put it all back together.
it’s almost impossible to tell if it’s up on that rim inside the rotor but it’s running straight. And if it starts to wobble ever again I’ll Chamfer the axle flange

Attachments

• 63571447079__215C243A-38EB-4F5C-9998-3E73C385AC49.MOV
    1 MB
Reactions: RHanna
Is the other rotor like that? Measure it to the lip and measure the other axke flange.

As you said it appears it's off by a 1/16th...which in machining is a lot. 62 and 1/2 thousandths off.

It almost looks like the rotor cut on the lathe wasn't finished all the way....

Or...

Your flanges weren't turned down far enough.

Or..

Somehow...

You've got the wrong rotors.?.
Well At the parts store they ask you what axle it came from so I tell him it was a 99 Ford explore, but that it has aftermarket axles shafts in it. So that’s all they have to go off of. I’m about to call Randy’s worldwide and see if they can give me the exact diameter of that axle. But to go to a parts store and try to find the right rotor, Well I don’t think I would get the customer service I needed for that.

Aftermarket axles usually have a larger flange than stock. I ran into a similar issue with my rear drums. Had to bevel the flange so the axle flange sat flat against the drum. The more you mess with stuff the more you notice how the aftermarket doesn’t always do their homework.

Well At the parts store they ask you what axle it came from so I tell him it was a 99 Ford explore, but that it has aftermarket axles shafts in it. So that’s all they have to go off of. I’m about to call Randy’s worldwide and see if they can give me the exact diameter of that axle. But to go to a parts store and try to find the right rotor, Well I don’t think I would get the customer service I needed for that.
Ok...so that's important. Aftermarket shafts.

You NEED to get the shaft flange proper measurement. One of them is wrong. Shaft flange or rotor. For sure!!!

Ok...so that's important. Aftermarket shafts.

You NEED to get the shaft flange proper measurement. One of them is wrong. Shaft flange or rotor. For sure!!!
Can’t get anyone today at Randy’s world wide “youkon” . But I’ll keep trying
I would say no but I haven't checked them lately and I will do that before they ship.
ill go online in a little. Thanks

Can’t get anyone today at Randy’s world wide “youkon” . But I’ll keep trying

ill go online in a little. Thanks
Ok...but what are your measurements?

Is the other rotor identical to the right side? Measurment lip to lip...

Is the other axle flange same diameter as the right side?

I know you said your calipers only go to 6 inch...
Make a scribe on it. Measure to that and then the rest. It will get you damn close to exact.

Obviously one of them is wrong.

Make a scribe on it. Measure to that and then the rest. It will get you damn close to exact.

Did you miss the part about the new rotor spinning true?

ill get back on it in the morning, i think ill pay really close attention to the axle flange and measure each one for compairon.