Rear Wheel Wobble

You posted a video showing a brand new rotor spinning true. That tells you the axle flange is seated properly to the rotor. Not sure why any further measurements would be needed?
the only thing is , what if the axle flange is just bairly up on that little flange inside the rotor and pressure from the lugnuts press one side down and then there ya go with another wheel wobble. After putting the tire and everything back on and running the jeep up on jack stands there was a ever so slight movement in the tire. but on the highway it rode so smoth .
i really hope the axle flange is seated properly. ill get back to it again tomorrow

Did you get to try the left tire on the right side?
Historically, 2 piece welded or riveted steel wheels will have a slight wobble in them, unless they have been
mechanically trued. The same can be true with new tires too, at least the ones that I can afford.

And it’s good that the new rotor is true and fitting well.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
Did you get to try the left tire on the right side?
Historically, 2 piece welded or riveted steel wheels will have a slight wobble in them, unless they have been
mechanically trued. The same can be true with new tires too, at least the ones that I can afford.

And it’s good that the new rotor is true and fitting well.
I did not remember to swap tires. There’s so many things to make sure they are true. Hopefully they will stay true

Reactions: alittleoff
the only thing is , what if the axle flange is just bairly up on that little flange inside the rotor and pressure from the lugnuts press one side down and then there ya go with another wheel wobble. After putting the tire and everything back on and running the jeep up on jack stands there was a ever so slight movement in the tire. but on the highway it rode so smoth .
i really hope the axle flange is seated properly. ill get back to it again tomorrow
Ok...so measure the new rotor inside lip to inside lip vs the old one. (If you still have it or remember it) it's probably big enough to clear the flange now.
It was probably an error in machining.
The old one was too small and wasn't going to fit right. This one fits. Don't over think it anymore. I think you're good now but if you're fretting give it a measure to be sure.

Trust me...we see that shit all the time. Egg shaped drums from Rock auto...you name it and we've seen it.
Just did an f150 front cv axle that the teeth were off just enough to prevent 4wd system from working properly with the hub actuator.

Glad to know you've got this heading upward. 👍👍👍

Ok...so measure the new rotor inside lip to inside lip vs the old one. (If you still have it or remember it) it's probably big enough to clear the flange now.
It was probably an error in machining.
The old one was too small and wasn't going to fit right. This one fits. Don't over think it anymore. I think you're good now but if you're fretting give it a measure to be sure.

Trust me...we see that shit all the time. Egg shaped drums from Rock auto...you name it and we've seen it.
Just did an f150 front cv axle that the teeth were off just enough to prevent 4wd system from working properly with the hub actuator.

Glad to know you've got this heading upward. 👍👍👍
thanks for your time

Reactions: Rubicon88
Just wanted to say thank you for all yalls help with this! Everyone was awesome.
Yall had me jumping and running like a bobcat. Time flew buy yesterday.
I am still going to find out my axle flange and inside rotor measurment today (of the new rotor). old rotor is gone.

To the best of my Ability using dial caliper And flexible Measuring tape. The axle flange is exactly 6 1/2 inch.
On the inside of the rotor where are that small lip or ledge is, it’s exactly 6 1/2 inches.
The outside of the axle flange is already chamfered.
There is no way of knowing if that zero tolerance is fitting flat on the inside face of the rotor.
The small lip measures about .080
And that’s all I’ve got to say about that.

To the best of my Ability using dial caliper And flexible Measuring tape. The axle flange is exactly 6 1/2 inch.
On the inside of the rotor where are that small lip or ledge is, it’s exactly 6 1/2 inches.
The outside of the axle flange is already chamfered.
There is no way of knowing if that zero tolerance is fitting flat on the inside face of the rotor.
The small lip measures about .080
And that’s all I’ve got to say about that.
If we were building 1911s that slide would not move on that frame.Ha

You can grind as much as you need off the flange.

95685D4F-2772-469B-89D5-F7AA06A004B6.jpeg