Rebuild my current shocks or get new ones?

Okay I figured others might like to know how the process worked also.
Is it the total weight or each corners weight that you need? I'm going to guess each corner but am not sure.

No, just need to know if you're a "just have a spare and rope bag", or a "have steel corners, a bumper/swingout with a 38, and a Tuffy box holding a small garage worth of tools" kind of guy. :D Then if you prefer a sort of mush, a more balanced firm ride, or like sports car harsh for the road.

I mostly end up with medium tune in the front on every Jeep, and change the comp stack and/or flutter for the back on heavier Jeeps. I don'rt know if you know Ken Sams, or his friend Jim (white TJ on Radflo coilovers, has an RV repair company), you could drive both of theirs to get an idea of our tunes. They live around Bonney Lake and Puyallup.

No I don't think I do know either of them.

My TJ is a PIG. Back in 2010 at the Trail Jamboree someone brought racing scales so we all got to weigh our rigs.
Now I have my garage in my Jeep but I never figured it would weigh as much as it did. It came out around 5,200 lbs.

I just bought a set from Paul, my project has exploded to a full build. I think that we are in the same boat as far as starting with trying to decide what control arms and what springs, etc. Eventually I am going with Dana 44's front and rear with some type of mid arm for the front. I will keep the short arm on the rear for now. FYI, If you decide to go with custom arms, Contact Spence at core and they will build them for you with any joint.

I have gone past the point already. I have a custom HP44 front and a HP60 rear. I've been running a longarm kit but have come to realize that is doesn't work right.

I'm either going to do the Savvy mid arm or a GenRight kit. I'm also running a ORO AiRock system with air bags so I don't have springs anymore. Look at my build thread for info on where my Jeep is at right now.

My TJ is a PIG. Back in 2010 at the Trail Jamboree someone brought racing scales so we all got to weigh our rigs.
Now I have my garage in my Jeep but I never figured it would weigh as much as it did. It came out around 5,200 lbs.

Holy crap! I think that is what my GMC Sierra 1500 crew cab weighs.

Go scale it and I think you might be surprised.

My tire and wheel each weigh 140lbs, I have Poison Spyder steel tube fender, steel Crusher Corners, steel Rocker Knockers. A truck V-8 engine, truck 4 speed auto tranny and a STaK 3 speed transfer case that is 150lbs. Then a Ford HP44 front and TeraLow CRD60 rear axles. I do carry some tools but not a ton. I have a Hi-Lift jack and Pull-Pal also. I don't carry a spare because of my dual beadlock wheels. It all adds up which is why I'm going to try and put it on a small diet this summer. I'm going to replace a lot of the steel armor with aluminum.