Recommendations for a floor jack

TomP

Hey there, noob question. Don't know if this is the right place for this but I'll try anyway.

I want to purchase a hydraulic floor jack to use to service the jeep. I don't have deep pockets so my budget is limited. I would like to spend about $75-$150 on this.

I hear lots of things about the HF stuff although it is pretty cheap but may fit the bill.

What are you guys using?? Many thanks

Tom

I think they are all made in china with your price range. Get some jack stands included with your budget.
craftsman-3-ton-service-floor-jack-craftsman-3-ton-floor-jack-handle-wont-turn-jpg.jpg

This is what I have...

I think it's this:
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-4-to...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPLsydmj9dQCFQQPPwodV1cCIQ

Craftsman-3-Ton-Service-Floor-Jack-Craftsman-3-Ton-Floor-Jack-Handle-Wont-Turn.jpg

I have been using this jack from Harbor Freight for about 5 years. We used to race DIRT cars and it got pulled in and out of the trailer and jacked the car up hundreds of times. I also used it to jack up my F-250 and haven't had a single issue with it. I now use it to jack up my Jeep and my wifes van and it still hasn't shown any signs of giving up. If you keep an eye out on ads, I am pretty sure it can be found for $70. As TMan said, make sure you always use jack stands and you will be in good shape!

https://www.harborfreight.com/autom...vy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-61253.html

What's the total, safe lift height on that one @Chris? I didn't see it in the product description. I'm in the market for a new floor jack, as my current one is too small and light for the rigs I have now. (...and it's beat after 30 years of service)

18 1/4"

I've used it on every vehicle we own, and it lifts plenty high. Then I just set the vehicle on jackstands.

Reactions: dmr22 and StG58
I use one from Harbor Freight. It was around $75 with a coupon.

This thread got me to go look at my floor jack. It is a 2 ton Kmart Floor Jack I bought about 35 years ago for around $25. Never thought about it until now and had no idea what kind it was. That jack has never failed me in all that time.

Reactions: JMT and JP98
I want to purchase a hydraulic floor jack to use to service the Jeep. I don't have deep pockets so my budget is limited. I would like to spend about $75-$150 on this.
Tom

Tom ..... whatever hydraulic jack you purchase ..... purchase two or four axle stands of the appropriate 'max weight'.
Do not slide under your Jeep without the proper 'blockage' .....

Reactions: derekmac
Thanks for all the great advice. I think I am going to go with the HF model along with a couple of stands.

Tom

Harbor Freight is good for some things (like these floor jacks and the aluminum jack stands) and not so good for others. I think you'll be happy with your purchase.

I have one of the HF (Pittsburgh) 2.5 ton jacks, and it's been working great for the last 4 or so years I've had it.

Craftsman Professional 4 ton stands are sale at Sears right now about about $20...I just picked up another set. They're about the same size as my 2 ton stands, so they aren't they aren't oversized by any means. I got them because I like the feet on them, they have flat feet at each corner.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpperMI