Recommendations for control arms

Stock arms work exceptionally well for what they are. The problem is they don’t look like they’ll survive very long. So people like an arm with more meat to it, well that requires a more flexable joint than the rubber bushing in the OE. To get to that you need fabricated arms with JJ’s. Or, your failure points move from a cheap control arm to an expensive axle bracket.
Until you have enough lift to justify reseting the wheelbase and dialing in pinion angles it’s overkill

Do you think I should buy some adjustable control arms for the front? I just read Chris's post on his 2.5" lift and I'm kinda wondering now. What bushings should I look for? Just rubber?
Regardless of what arms you decide on you will probably want to replace your front upper axle side bushings. A set of Moogs on Amazon is under $10.

I've been looking at a lot of the John currie control arms and realized the kit also comes with 4 inch lift minus shocks? All for 1400? That seems like a really good deal. Any experience with the Currie lift kits?

Reactions: never monday
I've been looking at a lot of the John currie control arms and realized the kit also comes with 4 inch lift minus shocks? All for 1400? That seems like a really good deal. Any experience with the Currie lift kits?

One of the go to’s from what I hear.

Where did you find a Currie lift for $1400? That would be killer deal if it comes with all 8 arms. You can't go wrong with Currie (Rockjock) parts. Their springs are very long so depending on your suspension you might not be able to make use of them fully.

Where did you find a Currie lift for $1400? That would be killer deal if it comes with all 8 arms. You can't go wrong with Currie (Rockjock) parts. Their springs are very long so depending on your suspension you might not be able to make use of them fully.
It was a damn typo, I'm sorry 😭 more like 2400

Reactions: 06lj
I didn't do the vanco brake kit but everything else is in place now. New steering knuckles, pitman arm, currectlync steering. Just gotta align it and grease the balljoints and tie rod ends.im excited to drive this thing again!

Turns out my balljoints were the culprits for my death wobble. 3 out of 4 were bad
20210522_120102.jpg

Reactions: sideproject