• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Recommendations for recovery straps?

TexasTJ2K

Aug 29, 2018
Texas
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a good recovery strap to carry while on the trail. While I've never had a problem with being stuck (yet...), I want to be prepared for anything.

Thanks.

Jim B

Feb 6, 2018
Kingman, AZ, USA
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a good recovery strap to carry while on the trail. While I've never had a problem with being stuck (yet...), I want to be prepared for anything.

Thanks.

Don't buy a cheep one at the lower priced store or one with hooks on it & add a couple of shackles

Mud dauber

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2018
South Carolina
You can make your own soft shackles and and Kinetic ropes in any length and strength you desire.

There is an investment in tools of about $100.00 plus the raw material but a 4X4 club could shoulder this cost. The information needed to splice your own is available online.

I have made the investment in tools and researched the subject. I can build you a system for your vehicle and mail it to you. You will have to come up with tow points that do not have sharp edges and are rope friendly . These are rated to at least 25,000 lbs breaking strength. Stronger than steel and they float in water.
soft shackles.jpg