Recommendations for roadside assistance?

Another vote for AAA. There are lots of additional benefits other than just the towing. I'd suggest you take a look at their website and check out what all you get with a membership. I have the Premier RV, it's worth every penny!!

AAA will even pick you up if you break down on a bicycle. No kidding! And they assist with lock-outs. My wife and daughter have locked their keys in the car a number of times, and AAA rescued them. The wife left the lights on in her XJ when parked in the airport parking garage for three days. The already 5 year old battery did not survive. When she told them on the phone what happened, they asked if she'd like to buy a new battery from them. She agreed to, they took the vehicle information, and showed up with a brand new battery, and installed it for her. Sure, the battery was a little more than if I had gone and bought one for her, but for the convenience of it all, it was worth every dime. I give AAA memberships to each of my adult kids as Christmas presents each year, too. It may seem a bit tacky...until one of them needs it!

before you pull the trigger on AAA at least check with your carrier to see what they have, it may or may not fit your needs but it's worth a look. Just to give you an idea I pay $66/year (Travelers Insurance) which covers my 3 vehicles as follows:

Premier Roadside Assistance will provide towing service up to 100 miles, as well as roadside services such as jump start, fuel delivery, flat tire change and lockout assistance.

This package also provides trip interruption coverage, which means you will be eligible for reimbursement of $200 a day (to a maximum of $600) for meals and lodging if your breakdown occurs at least 100 miles from home and your vehicle is out of commission for more than 24 hours.

In addition, Premier Roadside Assistance includes personal property coverage with a $500 limit, which provides coverage to replace stolen or damaged personal property up to the applicable limit as a result of a covered, paid comprehensive or collision loss.

The 100 mile radius isn't much of an issue for me, my day to day life in the DD takes me in about a 25 mile radius. On some weekends the TJ actually goes further but still within the 100 mile radius. I fortunately haven't had to use the towing benefit in all the years I've had the coverage but I've used them for a jump & my daughter used them for something similar. So far it's been really clean & simple.

Reactions: jazngab
Plot twist: I called my insurance carrier to find out if I have any roadside assistance and I do! and according to them I'm paying $4/year for it lol. Through a company called Agero they cover towing, lockouts, jump starts, tire change, and even winching (not off road winching obviously). Of course I was most interested in the towing aspect of the coverage. Apparently I can be towed from anywhere but my vehicle will be towed to the closest participating auto mechanic shop or 10 miles subsequent towing to the next closet shop of my choice. Maybe not as good as AAA premier but its practically included for free with my auto coverage. Hopefully I'll never find out how good or bad it is lol

Reactions: Squatch