Recommended 06 parts to buy and shelve as insurance

Fishtaco

TJ Expert
Ok I would like a short list of critical parts I should buy and store for the 'just in case"
If I ever give up driving this TJ it will be stored with my Triumph Bonny for retirement fun in a few years.
I already put aside a fair Chunk o change before I bought this TJ for maintenance/repairs even an engine rebuild.

So sad as you get older you need the money less but tend to always have some spare? When you are younger you need the money more but just have none to spare! Back to Front world. :)

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Don't store parts for that reason. Buy them when you need them.
p.s. Young or old, I've always been broke. I spend money faster than I make it. You only live once and nobody knows for how long. This is the first one of my Jeeps that is paid for and with zero credit card debt.:)..............until Christmas.😪

Last edited:
Don't store parts for that reason. Buy them when you need them.
p.s. Young or old, I've always been broke. I spend money faster than I make it. You only live once and nobody knows for how long. This is the first one of my Jeeps that is paid for and with zero credit card debt.:)..............until Christmas.😪
Its all them fluffy toys you are Buying "Her In Doors" thats making you broke! defiantly Not the TJ not the TJ at all lol

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
I was thinking of buying a spare PCM, Mopar doesnt make them any more, and they seem to have quite a failure rate. I think there is a guy "wranglerfix" that produces them, but that would be about the one thing that could pay off by having one on the shelf. This is gleened from reading this site, so you might have a different opinion

The engine sensors are the ones where OEM are the most critical. If I was one to buy ahead I'd probably keep a PCM, a CPS, a CKPS, a MAP, and a TPS.

I know there's Wranglerfix for now when it comes to the PCM, but whose to say they haven't moved on from TJ's in another 5-10 years. Eventually the demand for their services will drop off as the number of 05-06 TJ's on the road dwindles, and at some point the overhead to keep offering the service will no longer be justified by the volume of work.

I was thinking of buying a spare PCM, Mopar doesnt make them any more, and they seem to have quite a failure rate. I think there is a guy "wranglerfix" that produces them, but that would be about the one thing that could pay off by having one on the shelf. This is gleened from reading this site, so you might have a different opinion
That's an auto only problem and Wranglerfix is a permanent fix.

Last edited:
The engine sensors are the ones where OEM are the most critical. If I was one to buy ahead I'd probably keep a PCM, a CPS, a CKPS, a MAP, and a TPS.

I know there's Wranglerfix for now when it comes to the PCM, but whose to say they haven't moved on from TJ's in another 5-10 years. Eventually the demand for their services will drop off as the number of 05-06 TJ's on the road dwindles, and at some point the overhead to keep offering the service will no longer be justified by the volume of work.
We solve all electronic issues from XJ’s through JL’s The 05-06 TJ’s put us on the map.

Nothing anymore. It appears Mopar is making the engine parts again, they’ve just moved production to China. That’s what it seems like at least.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Seems like I’ve bought all kinds of parts and never installed them. Thinking of worst case scenarios and then the problem was something minor.

I’ve got multi-function switch, OPDA, CPS...