Recommended gear ratio for 06 LJ with 33s?

Sounds good. Thanks every for all the information, now it’s time to start saving and hopefully come spring I’ll have some necessary upgrades done to hit the trails!

Reactions: Steel City 06
wish there was other jeeps locally to test the different gearing ratios. everyone has jk or JL now.

not counting auto OD my LJ with 4.10 and 33" feels just fine for a box on wheels. Just cant pass shit at 70mph.
Does great offroad. 12-14mpg.

wish there was other jeeps locally to test the different gearing ratios. everyone has jk or JL now.

not counting auto OD my LJ with 4.10 and 33" feels just fine for a box on wheels. Just cant pass shit at 70mph.

5.13 will allow you to pass shit and you will wonder why you thought 4.10 ever felt fine.

Reactions: zebra12

Only because you're used to it and you haven't yet driven a properly geared version of your Jeep. Regearing to 5.13 would dramatically (!) improve its driveability on the highway and your mpg would even go up from the engine being able to run at a more efficient (higher) rpm. Your engine is lugging on the highway with its 42RLE, 33's, and 4.10 gearing.

Reactions: fourmustangs
X2 to the 5.13 recommendations for your 33's and 42RLE transmission, that will be a nice combination.
Reading this and other gearing threads, for the 42RLE transmission on a non rubicon 05 LJ--5.13 would be right for 33 inch tires. Would 5.13 be ok for 32 inch tires? Or is 4.88 as recommended on other threads the deepest for 32in tires? I know its an old thread, and I plan to regear once and plan to stay at 32 inch tires. Thank you.