Recovery equipment recommendations

Two options pulling from the rear

A) Install a hook on both the passenger and drivers side attached directly to the rear frame so you can get the best position on a pull.

OR

B) If you pull from the bumper, get a bumper that

1) attaches to the frame,
2) has bumper reinforcement brackets,
3) attaches to the rear crossmember,
4) has a through welded hitch
5) and use a hitch shackle
THANK YOU! This is the type of information I'm looking for.

So you get a call on the radio about a stuck RV or better yet a guy pulling a large camper. Hes down in the camp grounds with his young kids. Its friday so there just arriving for the big race. So he cant event set up at all. I know at this time, all other departments and staff/equipment are being used for the the event. Pigs would fly before I could go down and grab a tractor or anything else. its not a option. I am the only hope for this guy and his kids. I can choose to look and tell him "welp, ur stuck, good
-

So you get a call on the radio about a stuck RV or better yet a guy pulling a large camper. Hes down in the camp grounds with his young kids. Its friday so there just arriving for the big race. So he cant event set up at all. I know at this time, all other departments and staff/equipment are being used for the the event. Pigs would fly before I could go down and grab a tractor or anything else. its not a option. I am the only hope for this guy and his kids. I can choose to look and tell him "welp, ur stuck, good luck" or I can use my TJ to assist him.
You forgot an option... you can also just drive up near him, pull out your phone and video their futile attempts to free themselves, then start a youtube channel about it... :D

Seems like the "in" thing to do when seeing some in need of help or something stupid going on these days :D

• Face Palm
Reactions: WSS
BTW, @Omega81. It sounds like you've been doing a pretty good job recovering so far. If you could get a film crew you might have something for YouTube Channel, especially when you're pulling out the big rigs with the tiny TJ.

Reactions: Daryl
BTW, @Omega81. It sounds like you've been doing a pretty good job recovering so far. If you could get a film crew you might have something for YouTube Channel, especially when you're pulling out the big rigs with the tiny TJ.
My wife is intrigued by your suggestion. Il look more into this with the company policy out there.

Reactions: JMT
You forgot an option... you can also just drive up near him, pull out your phone and video their futile attempts to free themselves, then start a youtube channel about it... :D

Seems like the "in" thing to do when seeing some in need of help or something stupid going on these days :D
That is so woke! I have seen that many times, disaster and the first thing people turn to is the video on their phone.

So I picked the following up.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MVSSGR8/?tag=wranglerorg-20My hitch mount is a class 3.

I keep looking at this front bumper because it appears the d-ring brackets bolt directly to the frame. I question the quality though with all the "fancy lights" on it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RV8X5DD/?tag=wranglerorg-20
You just want the mount for the d-ring (soft shackle) through welded. The part with the 4 bolts around the mount goes through the bumper and to either side of the frame. They are not bolted to the frame.

Some parks/clubs don't allow weld-on recovery points. Much easier to know the quality of a bolted on part. Frame tie in brackets would be good though.

Maybe it's the old dude in me speaking here, but I have no idea WTF that means... you could be insulting, or agreeing with me and I'd never know :D
I am old as well, but I have a 13yo that I have to keep up with, so I use the "urban dictionary" often. While it is a political word today. I use to tick off the kids. I tell them I am woke!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=woke