Recovery safety, minimizing connections

Bigmac

Rather be in 29 palms.
Supporting Member
Screenshot_20191121-204554.png

793921d085a862e38604e207be3393af.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: psrivats and Chris
I get being able to position a change of direction (COD) where you want it, but do the users realize that each “positioning leg” is taking approximately 400% of the load that is being placed on the pulley? I seriously doubt they do.... this is why, in the rope rescue arena we shy away from high lines and tend to utilize a pendulum operation whenever possible........

Saw this mess on LiteBrite. At least Brittney is closer to the right idea than the rest. Who wants to untangle?

Saw this mess on LiteBrite. At least Brittney is closer to the right idea than the rest. Who wants to untangle?

That was a cluster flop of the highest order. They had a soft shackle and yet kept adding crap on there. A tree saver and one shackle and you are good to go.

Last edited:
I am working on a job this week performing load tests. We are putting vertical and horizontal pressure on I beams that are varying depths in the ground for solar panels. Our lateral test connections go; beam clamp, shackle, hydraulic jack, shackle, another hydraulic jack, shackle, to a bigger shackle, dynamometer, shackle, chain, shackle, beam clamp. Upwards of 10k of pressure :eek:

I am working on a job this week performing load tests. We are putting vertical and horizontal pressure on I beams that are varying depths in the ground for solar panels. Our lateral test connections go; beam clamp, shackle, hydraulic jack, shackle, another hydraulic jack, shackle, to a bigger shackle, dynamometer, shackle, chain, shackle, beam clamp. Upwards of 10k of pressure :eek:

We reassembled a track bar doing something similar.

Reactions: strumble8
20191125_144159.jpg

I'm sitting far away as possible, though after 80 tests I'm pretty sure our connections are far from failing

What is that everyone has the hate for the Factor 55, I have Flatlink E and it has worked well for me ??

What is that everyone has the hate for the Factor 55, I have Flatlink E and it has worked well for me ??

IMO anytime I see a device like this with degree markings and other, I see a marketing strategy designed to attract a specific audience. Nothing takes the place of real world experience. Not slamming those who do use this device but many times people get a false sense of confidence using equipment such as this. Mr. Blaine, comments?

Last edited: